Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position is in the Complex in vitro Systems (CiS) Group, which is a part of Safety Assessment in ***’s Research and Early Development organization. The CiS group develops and deploys state of the art in vitro microphysiological models to support organization-wide target assessment, lead optimization, and issue mitigation. This process involves closely collaborating with scientists across the organization to develop new platforms and technologies that help drive our constantly changing portfolio, Client modalities, and emerging therapeutic area needs.
To meet our growing needs and support our deployed model systems, we are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Ttechnician/Research Associate to join the CiS group. This lab-based individual will be responsible for duties that include but are not limited to: routine cell culture for cell lines and primary cells; creation and maintenance of various types of different microphysiological models (e.g. organoid, organ-on-chip, or microfluidic platforms) for multiple different tissue types (e.g. neural & systemic vasculature, gut, lung); and performing quantitative endpoint assays such as immunostaining and confocal microscopy, qPCR, Luminex, etc. In addition, this individual will be responsible for assisting the CiS lab manager with laboratory upkeep and maintenance jobs, such as vendor management, restocking, and equipment maintenance. Due to the multi-faceted nature of this role, the individual must have strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills, and must feel comfortable in a fast-paced and diverse research environment. This role is a one-year contract with potential to extend or convert to full time employee status.
Who you are:
Bachelor’s (BS/BA) degree in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, physiology, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline is required. A Master’s degree (MS) is not required but preferred.
Candidate will provide technical support to assays and platforms supported by the CiS group by performing duties that may include the following. Experience with all of the listed activities is not required.
- Routine culture and maintenance of immortalized, stem, and primary cell cultures, both in standard formats (flask or well plate) as well as organoids or organ-on-chip formats. Experience with these systems, and experience with a variety of different cell types (e.g. endothelial cells, GI stem cells, lung cells, etc) is highly desirable.
- Routine quantitative endpoint assays, such as immunostaining, confocal imaging and image analysis, high content imaging, qPCR, Luminex, ELISA, cell viability assays, etc.
- Performing tasks required for laboratory upkeep, such as: routine sterilization of incubators, routine mycoplasma testing, restocking of general laboratory supplies, etc.
- The candidate must have strong hypothesis driven research skills, problem-solving skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills. Especially critical for this role is organizational skills: the candidate will be asked to contribute on multiple different projects simultaneously, and proper organization of relevant protocols, observations, and data is key.
- Experience with high throughput or automated systems is a plus but not required.
- Need for excellent collaborative skills across the team and with key stakeholders
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and present data to collaborators and stakeholders and outside meetings as appropriate
- Maintaining electronic documentation related to departmental SOP adherence, execution, and results, and contributing to final reports as appropriate.
- Conducting experiments with a high level of independence and initiative, and performing tasks with minimal direct supervision for routine methods.
Technical Experience Requirements:
- 1-3+ years minimum of laboratory experience with hypothesis-driven research; we will also consider candidates with more years of experience.
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and present data in a presentation is required.
- Experience with immortalized and/or primary cell culture is required. Experience with organoid, organ-on-chip, or other MPS culture platform is highly desired.
- Experience with quantitative end point assays (e.g. confocal microscopy, qPCR, Luminex, Cell-Titer) is highly desired.
Role will involve:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Performing repetitive tasks such as cell culture, pipetting and labeling tubes.
- Routine laboratory upkeep, such as restocking, refilling reagents, etc.
- Collaboration across the whole organization and with key stakeholders.
- Work with potentially hazardous materials including (but not limited to): chemotherapeutics, biological hazards, and human primary cells.
Apply by creating/using an account