Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
JOB TITLE: Strategic Sourcing Manager – Transportation and Logistics
LOCATION: Remote (Must reside within 3 hours of Huntersville, NC)
Reporting to the Sr. Director of IT Sourcing, the Sourcing Manager will help develop and execute indirect sourcing and procurement strategy to ensure it aligns with the overall indirect spend objectives, vision and strategic plans.
This role will support the development of Strategic Category plans within the assigned areas; areas of focus would include Transportation and Logistics (Domestic Transportation and Logistics, Imports and Internal Fleet; i.e. Small Parcel, TMS, Payment Audit, LTL, Drayage, Courier, Truckload, Ocean) but could also support other areas of the company. It will involve the execution of sourcing projects (eSourcing events) and procurement opportunities to help ensure realization of cost savings objectives. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for analyzing spend data, collecting business requirements from internal stakeholders, executing eSourcing events, and the administration of indirect spend related contracts. There will be indirect management responsibilities for sourcing analysts supporting the initiatives.
- Develop and implement category plans that capitalize on market opportunities and aligns with functional business requirements.
- Partner with business leaders to understand their strategy and align a sourcing functional plan to support the direction and objectives of the business.
- Manage renewal process for existing agreements, ensuring timely review and management of the process.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Leadership team and Business Partners to ensure the optimal category strategies and targets are being developed, and that the category strategies are highly aligned to current and future business needs (and overall category strategy) and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Determine the appropriate metrics and information to be tracked and reported by the Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing.
- Effectively work with functional and business groups to support customer satisfaction through implementation activities and effective customer feedback initiatives.
- Influence strategic sourcing and purchasing decisions across ATD.
- Ensure that ATD has a good supply market understanding and works with the business / function teams to provide input for creating innovative win-win customer and supplier strategies.
- Facilitate change management with colleagues and key contacts throughout the organization.
- Manage overall relationship with suppliers within assigned categories.
- Manage all aspects of ATD’s sourcing processes including tactical/spot opportunities, strategic eRFx’s, eAuctions, etc. as assigned.
- Analyze information supplied by Subject Matter Expert (SME) or other internal stakeholders and translate into detailed requirements and competitive bid specifications.
- Provide status updates, at key event milestones, to ensure stakeholders are well informed.
- Coordinate SME’s participation in the event scoring process and facilitate consensus scoring session to help finalize supplier selection.
- Coordinate formal supplier award and regrets communications to event participants.
Strategic Sourcing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, logistics, or in a related field.
- A Master's degree in business or specialization in advanced procurement management will be advantageous.
- At least four years' Sourcing experience in a related industry and Transportation & Logistics Sourcing.
- Proficiency in sourcing software, such Scout eSourcing and Conga CLM.
- Superb leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Willingness to to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships.
Apply by creating/using an account