Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PROJECT MANAGER (HARDWARE) 35850
Location: Redmond, WA (Onsite)
W2 Contract: 12-months
Pay Rate: $81-$91/hr.
(FRL) Research Team brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of virtual and augmented reality, which together will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. Just as personal computers have done over the past 45 years, AR and VR will ultimately change everything about how we work, play, and connect. We are developing all the technologies needed to enable breakthrough AR glasses and VR headsets, including optics and displays, computer vision, audio, graphics, brain-computer interfaces, haptic interaction, eye/hand/face/body tracking, and perception science, and true telepresence. In particular, the FRL Research Audio team is focused on two goals; creating virtual sounds that are perceptually indistinguishable from reality, and redefining human hearing. These two initiatives will allow us to connect people by allowing them to feel together despite being physically apart and allow them to converse in even the most difficult listening environments. We are seeking a contract project manager to help us advance an ambitious research project aiming to develop technologies that will augment human capabilities and enable effortless communication in acoustically challenging environments. We are accepting applications from individuals with proven project management experience in scientific research or technology development. An ideal candidate would have familiarity with some or all of the following areas of research:
* Audio signal processing
* Machine learning and computer vision
* Hearing sciences
* Product Development (Hardware & Software Integration)
* Oversee designated projects and provide the team with direction and support, including:
* Defining project goals and timeline
* Creating documentation
* Coordinating technology development
* Assigning and tracking tasks
* Managing budgets, timelines, and resources
* Create and update Project plans
* Monitor problems, facilitate resolution, and implement changes as necessary to keep the project on track
* Regularly report on project progress, dependencies, and risks to stakeholders
* Take meeting notes that capture decisions and action items
* Manage procurement projects for equipment and vendor services
* Develop request for proposal (RFP) and statement of work (SOW) documents
* Typically requires field work in overseeing projects
* Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and take on operational tasks in support of the team's goals
* Will report to a Technical Program Manager
* Work experience in project management with a demonstrated track record of successful project completion
* Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
* Must be proactive, with proven ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with team members and individuals throughout the broader organization
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Experience working in a fast-paced research and/or product development environment
Tech Program Manager must be an engineer
Nice To Have:
* Audio experience with production like telecom, Alexa, Google Home, and consumer electronics.
* Product assembly in Asia. The Big 3 (Apple, Google, Microsoft).
* 5-day work week. The goal is no weekends and 42-ish hours max per week, but there is a possibility for more depending on the project.
* Asana and MS Office are a plus.
* Deal with rapidly changing needs and scopes.
* Consumer products/electronics are a plus.
* Software-only experience does not apply.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, or Engineering
Apply by creating/using an account