Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The job details are below:
JOB SUMMARY: Develops and implements individual team objectives that support business unit's objectives. Assists in implementing business unit objectives at the team level. Supervises team activities and addresses crucial or sensitive issues. Supervises team performance and addresses improvement opportunities. Develops and maintains effective relationships with business partners, and implements modifications to existing processes.
The position will be staffed in Arizona, and will be staffed at the F/G level based on selected candidate's background and experience. Selected candidate must obtain Series 6 and 26 licenses within 120 days of hire.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Manager/Director
• Supervises all team activities including; assigning and monitoring work, associate matters, sensitive issues, team meetings, one-on-one meetings, asset retention efforts, etc. Partners with associates to develop individual objectives and development plans, and monitors progress accordingly. Addresses and supervises crucial escalated inquiries from multiple distribution channels.
• Demonstrates effective leadership and manages performance according to Nationwide standards. Provides coaching, feedback and rewards to team members. Acts as a guide and mentor and provides career development assistance to associates. Identifies and addresses improvement opportunities and implements development plans. Partners with team lead in reviewing call effectiveness and manages/rates performance.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with related departments; including Operations, sales field management, plan administrators, Marketing, external wholesalers, executives, General Counsel, etc. Partners with sales managers to fully understand business goals and needs. Provides advice to other areas, and partners with them to evaluate and implement modifications to existing processes. Handles effectively correspondence between department and other managers, executives, producers, etc.
• As assigned, fulfills registered principal duties by supervising licensed representatives and monitoring their correspondence.
• Communicates, supports and implements business unit and product strategies at the operating level. Develops and implements individual team objectives that support business unit's objectives. Represents area and/or department on different committees and/or projects.
• Provides input to budget development and manages expenses accordingly.
• Partners with the training area to conduct analysis of training opportunities. Makes recommendations on training needs. Delivers training when necessary.
• Responsible for the supervision of associates including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning and day-to-day administration, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in insurance, business, finance, communication, marketing or related fields preferred.
Licenses/Designations: Progress towards insurance designations preferred.
Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: Six years experience in customer service, and sales including experience in leading / supervising a team of sales professionals.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of products, sales and support techniques, distribution channels, best practices in sales, management, and training of sales professionals required.
Skills/Competencies: Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with customers and producers and in order to supervise a team of sales support professionals. Must have excellent skills in using computers, and related office software. Supervisory, communications, and training skills required.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director, and HR Consultant.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some travel may be required. Overtime may be required during periods of peak volume.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Apply by creating/using an account