Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS), a business within Roche Diagnostics, is focused on developing a disruptive Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform along with a portfolio of reagents, assays and informatics solutions for multiple disease areas. We are looking for a Bioinformatics and Algorithm Scientist to support assay development efforts.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with molecular biologists and bioinformatics scientists and apply your strong knowledge in processing and analyzing next generation sequencing technologies. You will maintain, improve and develop internal algorithms, tools and pipelines for oncology applications (such as variant calling) as well as analyzing biological data for assay development
• Design, build, validate, and deploy Client computational tools for analyzing and optimizing, DNA, mRNA, immune profiling and GWAS sequencing data
• Analyze datasets from next-gen sequencing technologies, flow cytometry, and imaging experiments.
• Refine and automate data handling pipelines and analysis workflows.
• Develop and apply statistical and machine learning-based approaches to integrate experimental data and systems biology models.
• Assist in managing appropriate computational infrastructure.
• Engage with cross-functional project teams and external collaborators to support project planning and execution, and drive use of data-driven biological modeling.
• A PhD in Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related discipline is required.
• Demonstrated experience with large, high-dimensional biological and clinical datasets.
• Experience with integrating multi-omics (transcriptomics, proteomics, genomics) and clinical data is desired
• Working knowledge of common bioinformatics databases and tools.
• Proficiency in statistical methods and machine learning, including common software tools
• Proficiency in programming languages (Python, R, Java, SQL, MatLab) and Unix environments (Linux, shell scripting)
• Experience with cloud computing (AWS), NextFlow and/or high-performance computing
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills. Ability to present detailed bioinformatics, data science, and computational concepts to a diverse audience.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet important deadlines
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Background/interest in biological and/or clinical science is recommended
• Prior experience developing RUO & IVD products is preferred.
• In depth knowledge of sequencing molecular biology, bioinformatics tools, statistical methods, and cancer biology.
• Proficient with programming languages (R, Python, Java) in a distributed Linux environment.
• Skilled in data analysis and visualization techniques.
• Hands-on experience using a workflow management system such as Nextflow or Snakemake.
• Strong communication skills and ability/interest to work with an interdisciplinary team of computer scientists and translational researchers
• CV and a cover letter.
• Analysis of Next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing data, predictive algorithms
• Programming languages (C, C++, Java, SQL, Python, Angular, R)
• Machine learning, Statistics, Image processing
Apply by creating/using an account