Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Capture Research Project Manager
Location: Redmond, WA (Temporarily remote until further notice)
Job ID: 16738-1
Duration: 12-month contract with the opportunity for an extension!
Health Benefits + PTO
This position requires authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now and in the future
The Research Team brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of virtual and augmented reality, which together will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. Just as personal computers have done over the past 45 years, AR and VR will ultimately change everything about how we work, play, and connect. We are developing all the technologies needed to enable breakthrough AR glasses and VR headsets, including optics and displays, computer vision, audio, graphics, brain-computer interfaces, haptic interaction, eye/hand/face/body tracking, perception science, and true telepresence. In particular, the Research audio team is focused on two goals; creating virtual sounds that are perceptually indistinguishable from reality, and redefining human hearing. These two initiatives will allow us to connect people by allowing them to feel together despite being physically apart, and allow them to converse in even the most difficult listening environments.
We are seeking a contract project manager to help us advance an ambitious research project aiming to develop technologies that will augment human's capabilities and enable effortless communicate in everyday acoustically challenging environments. We are accepting applications from individuals with proven project management experience and familiarity with some or all of the following areas of audio research:
* Audio signal processing and machine learning
* Microphone arrays and beam forming
* Speech enhancement
* Binaural Audio Technology
* Acoustic Propagation and Room Acoustics
* Oversee designated projects and provide the team with direction and support, including:
* Defining project goals and timeline
* Creating documentation
* Coordinating technology development
* Assigning and tracking tasks
* Managing budgets, timelines, and resources
* Monitor problems, facilitate resolution, and implement changes as necessary to keep project on track.
* Regularly report on project progress, dependencies and risks to stakeholders.
* Manage procurement projects for equipment and vendor services.
* Develop request for proposal (RFP) and statement of work (SOW) documents.
* Typically requires field work in overseeing projects.
* Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and take on operational tasks in support of the team's goals.
* May report to a senior project or technical program manager.
* Work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of successful project completion
* Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
* Must be proactive, with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with team members and individuals throughout the broader organization
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Experience working in a fast-paced research and/or product development environment
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems engineering highly preferred
Apply by creating/using an account