Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Futurewave Systems is seeking a .NET Software Engineer, on contract, to assist our client in Woodbury, MN.
In this role, you will assist in the analysis of requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate complexity. Assists in the analysis of requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk. Gather, organize and document data and requirements from various stakeholders and constituencies according to given direction and standards. Participate in design consultations with hardware and software technicians. Assists in the development, document and presents design solutions and supporting rationale. Prepare approval of estimates of work effort and duration for assigned tasks. Participate in the preparation of product vision and project documentation.
• Staff Software Engineer on a project that includes system integration.
• Familiarity with Accounting, Financial Reporting and General Ledger systems.
• Understanding of data conversion and system integration.
• Ability to work with a co-located team over the phone and using web meetings.
• Knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices of client/server and web applications, analysis, design and programming
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• General estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of moderate complexity
• Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of moderate risk
• Programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for distributed environments
Other Skills/Project Details
Staff Software Engineer to serve as implementer for the conversion of financial data from a subsidiary's systems to the systems of the parent company.
The Staff Software Engineer will assist in the analysis of requirements as well as in the designing, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining of application systems, programs, functions, services and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate complexity.
• Assists in the analysis of requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk.
o Gather, organize and document data and requirements from various stakeholders and constituencies according to given direction and standards
o Participate in design consultations with hardware and software technicians
o Assists in the develop, document and present design solutions and supporting rationale
o Prepare approval of estimates of work effort and duration for assigned tasks
o Participate in the preparation of product vision and project documentation
• Participate in design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements.
o Identify software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
o Identify solution objects, functions, interfaces, dependencies, and integration points
o Prepare design documentation; submit for design review
o Convert basic specifications into equivalent infrastructure and application software structures
o Code and unit test as part of a development team
o Submit software products for review of compliance with best practices, standards and enterprise architecture (code review)
• Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives.
o Review established quality requirements and measurement metrics
o Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
o Learn, use and gain experience with testing tools and techniques
o Perform technical support activities required for execution of test plans
o Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
o Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
• Provide system support and of other project teams as needed
o Learn and enhance knowledge of the various multi-platform system support environments, utilities and procedures
o Provide timely, concise communication of incident status to appropriate personnel
o Document incident occurrence and resolution(s) applied using designated repositories
o Consult with staff personnel as required for effective incident resolution
o Resolve development and support issues of moderate to high complexity or risk
Skills (Years Experience)
Financial/Accounting Systems including Financial Reporting, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury (5+)
Data Conversion/ System Integration (5+)
Use Case/Technical documentation writing skills (5+)
Unit Testing & Validation (5+)
Proficiency in .Net C#, ASP .Net, SQL, XML/XSLT (BizTalk knowledge a plus) (5+)
Apply by creating/using an account