Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Purpose of Job:
Stage and configure network infrastructure equipment, software and solutions needed to support client networking, voice and Unified Communications systems and environments. Perform day-to-day centralized staging, configuration, and preparation of dedicated and shared data infrastructure such as computers, network equipment and/or other telecommunications and network devices.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
• Configure, stage, and test customer equipment in preparation for deployment in multiple modes, including but not limited to:
o Configure equipment with basic configuration for delivery to client for further remote configuration
o Install full configurations provided for delivery in turn-up ready state
o Configure equipment with basic configuration, set up with remote access for another Engineer or Technician to complete configuration prior to delivery to client
• Perform logistics functions to support staging activities including receiving, inventorying, unboxing, labeling, packaging, and preparing for shipment
• Work with other Engineers or Technicians to provide remote access to equipment, as their support for performing any functions required physically
• Complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and deletions, and repairs in one or more product lines.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients.
• Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
• Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as inventory, time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
• Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
• Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
• Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 1+ years' data networking or voice experience in staging, field service, data center or related IT technician environment.
• Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred (examples: A+, CCNA, Server+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications).
• Advanced knowledge of critical infrastructure components such as racks, labeling, commercial UPS, switches, routers, terminal server.
• Experience in using a laptop to set configurations on equipment such as routers, switches and other components of an IP Network.
o Routing / Switching: Cisco, Meraki, Adtran, Client, Juniper, Avaya experience with basic CLI for configuring IP Addressing, installing configurations, and interpreting output
o Unified Communications: Basic understanding of cabling standards (T1 / Analog Voice / Ethernet)
o Wireless: Cisco, Meraki and Aruba experience with basic IP Addressing of Wireless Controllers
o Security: Cisco and Sonicwall experience with basic IP Addressing
o Servers: Cisco, Client and Lenovo experience with configuring remote management, Installation of Windows operating systems and VMWare ESXi with configuration of IP Address and hostname
• Proven ability to make software changes (upload, download & SW regression) and installing new software and hardware into various devices such as PCs, routers, servers, etc.
• Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
• Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
• Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
• Heavy Work: May frequently exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 50 pounds and/or occasionally exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 100 pounds.
• Vision: Requires the ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye.
• Near Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
• Midrange: Clarity of vision at distances of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet.
Apply by creating/using an account