Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
**Temp-to-perm once assignment is complete**
**Pay Rate Range: $18.00-$22.00
**Location: Atlanta, Addison or Work From Home (can be anywhere nationwide)
As a Service Specialist you would be responsible for administering Customer experience and financial decisions related to Assurant's Authorized Service Agreements, Protection Plans and associated policies. You would utilize your technical expertise to make well informed financial and customer experience decisions and serve as the gatekeeper/decision maker for product buyout/replacement decisions presented to you from other departments (Customer Relations, Service Support, Service Locating and Client Management). In doing so you would communicate with Assurant's Customers, Service partners, Part Distributors, Clients and interdepartmental employees. Your communications and interactions would include phone calls, emails and other electronic methods of communication to necessary to gather information to make good financial and customer experience decisions.
You would be responsible for providing professional, accurate and timely support to internal departments (Auditors, Regional Service Mangers, Service Providers and Management) and to Assurant Service Providers and to maintain accurate records and reporting of your daily activities. In this role you would report to a Regional Service Manager and be responsible for ensuring that your interactions with Assurant's Service Providers result in decisions and support which aligns with the Regional Service Managers goals of providing cost effective, high-quality customer experiences. Lastly you will be responsible for building strong relationships with Assurant's Service Providers, while at the same time holding them accountable to deliver a superior customer experience within the terms of their authorizer service agreement.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
• Utilize Technical expertise and experience to drive financial savings (lower cost repairs and reduced product buyouts/replacements)
• Compile daily reports (productivity & costs savings) and maintain accurate and thorough documentation
• Validate repair estimates, and when necessary, challenge Servicer repair estimates
• Avoid costly product replacements/buyouts by identifying expedited repair solutions that include sourcing hard to find parts, alternative parts, rebuild solutions or technical support necessary to ensure an accurate diagnosis' and associated repair solution
• Assess repair escalation history to determine best "go-forward” decision (expedite repair solution or replace/buyout product)
• Work closely with management to identify specific manufacturer repair issues which have a large financial impact (quality related issues that result in large volumes of repair)
• Identify rapid repair solutions to avoid costly buyout due to time-in-service
• Provided technical support to Assurant's service partners and Assurant employees in order to ensure the best overall financial/customer experience decision
• Utilize historical data to identify specific patterns of Servicer behavior that drive unnecessary costs or negatively impact customer experience.
• Provide technical information, training and support to other departments as directed by Management
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum 3 years field service repair experience in one or more of the following industries: major appliances, consumer electronics, lawn & garden or HVAC).
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong PC skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree or Technical/Trade-School equivalent
• 5+ years' experience in one or more of the following industries: (major appliances, consumer electronics, lawn & garden or HVAC).
• Cross trained to support and service multiple industries (example: major appliances and consumer electronics)
• Prior management or supervisory experience
Apply by creating/using account