Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Software Engineer
Assurant's Connected Living Technology team is looking for strong engineers to move our organization to the next level. The business lines we support have experienced explosive growth over the last few years and we are currently looking to expand our teams that deliver market leading technology solutions in the supply chain, repair and logistics, protection services, asset recovery and asset disposition domains.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• You will be working in a dynamic, rapid development environment.
• You will bring your extensive industry experience in delivering on project expectations in a diverse working environment to ensure the highest quality is brought to market
• You will complete defined projects, troubleshooting of product defects, and developing best in class solutions for our customers
• You will work with an established team and contribute by providing deliverables on set timelines
Basic Qualifications & Competencies:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent related practical experience
• 5+ years of Software Development experience
• Experience working within the Microsoft stack of technologies including .NET (VB, ASP, C#), WCF Services, SQL Server, SOAP, XML, MVC, etc. with a primary focus on VB.NET and SQL Server
• Passion for quality and high code standards
• Desire to be part of a TEAM that solves problems.
• 7+ years of Software Development experience
• Experience working in Logistics / Warehousing operations is a plus
• Experience working in an insurance based claims systems
• Experience interfacing with ERP systems (Preferable SAP)
• Experience in the Insurance and/or Cellular Phone industry is a plus
Sr DevOps Engineer
Looking for a great place to work where professional and personal growth are encouraged and promoted? Looking for a place where you can have impact either by bringing heavily used systems into the modern era, or creating exciting new applications for everyone to see and use? Assurant Home / Specialty group is in the middle of a growth cycle for our technology and our clients. We need talented engineers ready to design the architecture of our future. You ready?
Who we are
Four enduring values guide the way we support our customers and work with one another: Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results. Our employees uphold our common purpose: To help people protect what matters most to them.
Assurant Home / Specialty group provides values and evaluations for homes and commercial properties across the United States. Banks and investors of all types need to know how much a property is worth before they lend, buy a loan, take possession, or invest. Assurant works to provide those values through a network of brokers, appraisers and inspectors. Our technology provides a pathway for this information, so everyone involved can make the best decisions with the best information. It's a big task.
We are a community of people empowered to make great things happen every day. If that sounds like total hogwash to you, it's because you've never been empowered at work. Come try it out. You'll like it.
How do we work
We encourage a team atmosphere guided by Agile principles. We work closely with our business units, project managers, technology architects and quality assurance specialists to work tickets through a short lifecycle. With releases about every two weeks. You'll see your code in production quickly, and get feedback regularly on how it's doing.
We use Jira, Git, Bitbucket Server, and Jenkins to automate ticket processes, manage code, enable code review, provide code testing and automate deployment. We are building out our unit and automated tests suites with every iteration, and we'd love your input on how to make that better, faster and more resilient.
We work on local Linux boxes (usually Fedora, but there's no mandate) and spin up the applications on virtual machines for coding and testing. You can pick your favorite editor, set up your workspaces, and make things work how you want. It's your machine. Have fun.
Our typical server-side stack includes RHEL, NGINX (although old stuff is Apache), Postgres, and Perl. We have other stuff going on to keep things interesting and are open to modifications as we find a need. These aren't your system manager's Perl scripts either. We are leveraging Modern Perl libraries with Moops, Moose, DBIx, and Dancer2 to build scalable dynamic systems. Don't do Perl, yet? Don't worry. If you are comfortable with any modern open source OO architecture (Python, PHP, Node, Ruby), you'll do great. We've trained more than one Perl newbie.
Are you a Perl or DevOps expert? Great, we need you. Skip the rest and click apply.
We are currently building a Service Oriented Architecture environment that allows some systems to live on completely different stacks if needed. We'd also love your experience with REST APIs, XML interfaces and service systems.
For deployments and dev stacks we use Jenkins (Pipelines), Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Virtual Box, and others. We strive to make our environments the same through automation. We are looking into cloud based deployment options such as AWS or Azure.
We monitor and support our own apps, so familiarity with monitoring and logging software such as Librato, Nagios (shudder) and Graylog is good.
Oh, you're a database guy? Great! Our development team owns our DBs and their management. We'd love your input on database scaling and leveraging tools for Postgres and managing our legacy Sybase systems.
For the front-end we leverage Sencha's ExtJS framework, and just completed a move to Ext6 for our primary applications. We also use Angular for in house projects. There's a lot of new development going on with our front-end code. We encourage all our developers to jump in and learn about things that interest them.
Where we work
Our office is located in Wayne, PA, but within driving distance of about 20 cities and municipalities. There are tons of great places to eat within walking distance of the office. We also offer scheduled remote work for most employees, and use Slack and GoToMeeting to make communication easy whether in the office or elsewhere.
Assurant has other offices in Miami, Atlanta, Austin, and Milwaukee, just to name a few. We offer the best of both worlds with a small company environment and big company backing. It's a great place to be.
When we work
Core hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., so most everyone will be available during those hours. Some early birds show up at 7 to beat traffic, while others like the quiet office after hours. We don't make a big deal about hours. Meetings and such are scheduled during the core hours, because it just makes things easier. Working more than 40 hours is rarely ever required, so you shouldn't. We want you to like staying at the office, but not so much that you actually do.
What are you waiting for? If you like working in a challenging, fun environment with a great team of professionals, who treat you like one, come on board.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university with 4 or more years' experience; or 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Jenkins or other CI applications.
• 2+ years of experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or something similar.
• 4+ years of experience with Perl, PHP, Python or similar programming language
• 4+ years of experience with Web Development using:
o Apache and/or NGINX
o Postgres, MySQL, Sybase, or similar databases
• 4+ years of experience with Git or similar version control
• Strong technical skills, positive attitude and flexibility with displayed enthusiasm for self-initiated professional growth.
Apply by creating/using account