Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
As a Service Reliability Operator (SRO), you will be focused on improving service reliability, performance and operability of Oracle Cloud Services. You will have your hand on the pulse of the service and will play a key role in troubleshooting and resolving service issues. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to create future automation and tooling that will allow us to continuously improve our service. You role in driving improvements in availability, effort and velocity will delight our customers with and while reducing costs of Operations.
Description: We are looking for a strong Service Reliability Operator (SRO) who will help ensure the availability of our Cloud services 24x7x365. The SRO will have a pulse on the Oracle's SaaS services at all times and be directly accountable for the troubleshooting and resolution of service issues while continuously working with engineering partners to improve telemetry and automation. Your goal is to improve availability by reducing time to mitigate, ensure we are measuring the right things, and automating tasks that impact development velocity, availability or productivity.
You will leverage excellence in communication, technical/business analysis, problem solving and attention to detail to methodically resolve issues. Technically, you will understand the full stack of the services you support (Network to Application) and are able to dig deep into the service to determine how to best mitigate customer impact. Further, you will drive improvements through the development of tools and engage partner teams to drive down incident counts, reduce severity of events and minimize Time to Mitigate. You will help create a "Site Up” culture across all Oracle Cloud teams. We will look to the SRO to continually review and enhance systems, methods and applications to enable the delivery of a positive customer experience to highly acclaimed hosted products such as Oracle Service Cloud, Oracle CRM and more.
As a member of the Oracle Cloud Operations team, you will be surrounded by "willing to help” individuals representing some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry. You will be a part of an organization that prides itself on providing training, empowerment, and career progression.
• Perform proactive service checks and monitor/triage incoming system/application alerts, E-mails and phone calls to ensure appropriate priority and response.
• Triage and troubleshoot service impacting events from multiple signals including phone, E-mail, service telemetry and alerting.
• Communicate with professionalism and precision to internal and external customers during high priority situations.
• Identify and work with engineering to implement opportunities for automation, signal noise reduction, recurring issues and other actions to reduce time to mitigate service impacting events and increase the productivity of cloud operations and development resources.
• Manage the coordination, documentation and tracking of critical incidents ensuring rapid and complete issue resolution and appropriate closed loop to customers and other key stakeholders.
• Work upstream with Service Operations and Development to develop and maintain standard operator procedures and troubleshooting guides that improve time to mitigate.
• Participate in project delivery aimed at increasing capabilities around monitoring, notification, configuration and deployment of servers and applications within the Oracle Cloud Platform.
• Assist in the training and development of more junior team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
• Able to work as part of a shift in a 24x7x365 operations team. Must be willing to work non-standard work shift (though primary shift is daytime) including evenings, holidays and weekends.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent or 5+ years equivalent work experience in infrastructure, systems, engineering or development environment.
• Excellence in verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate with all levels during critical events.
• Strong Technical background with an ability to troubleshoot issues impacting large scale service architectures and application stacks.
• Demonstrable experience in one or more scripting/programming languages: Powershell, Python, Perl, PHP, etc.
• Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration.
• Expertise utilizing Cloud Infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, OpenStack, GCP
• Expert skills in all aspects of incident management (Incident Commander, Scribe, Troubleshooter, etc)
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Linux services, and Linux networking.
• Configuration and maintenance of applications such as Apache, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
• Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Oracle Cx a plus.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Team oriented.
• Highly self motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Apply by creating/using an account