Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Information Sys Tech B (Desktop Support Tech)
Req # 1443802
12 month duration with possible conversion
1st shift – 5/8 schedule
• Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
• Install new systems and upgrades, both remotely over phone and desk side
• Proficient with Computer hardware and Software troubleshooting.
• Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configurations and integration with the desktop.
• Field incoming calls from clients and answer questions, resolve issues, troubleshoot problems, and research to find the causes of issues
• Follow the reported issue from start to finish, including escalation to development and programming when necessary Perform root-cause analysis on issues and make recommendations for corrective action
• Track projects and tickets in issue tracking system, Remedy
• Create white papers and other instructive materials for use by our clients and the internal team. Provide complete and timely feedback for all work, including but not limited to call logs, checklists, client correspondence, and escalation of any issue
• By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
• Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• This position requires a minimum of an Associate's degree, Bachelors preferred
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft Windows 10, 7, XP
• Knowledge of ticketing tools such as Remedy and ServiceNow
• Minimum 4 years of technical and customer service experience
• Excellent problem solving skills are required.
• Must have excellent listening skills and speak clearly and concisely and be easily understood.
• Must be service oriented.
• Must be able to travel locally and be able to carry light computer equipment.
• Must have good writing and communication skills with the ability to document technical issues in a clear and effective manner with appropriate detail.
• Self-motivated, corporate business experience, technical assistance is desirable.
• Consideration may be given to relevant professional level experience as an offset
• Performance of duties with general supervision
• Knowledge of conference room solutions such as Crestron AirMedia and Schedulers, Kontiki, and various videoconferencing
Contractor will be moving between buildings and projects.
7 people on the team; all in Rochester, NY
Desktop support exp a must
Setting up conference room hardware preferred
A+ Cert preferred
More focus on desktop instead of server or hardware
Imaging and software installs and troubleshooting are key must haves
SCCM main way of imaging and eventually moving to different process.
Using Remedy but moving to Service Now.
Large org experience with SLA experience strongly preferred
Local candidates strongly preferred
Apply by creating/using an account