Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Amount of Positions: 1 - FAA - Public Trust Clearance Required to start
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees — including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
System Administration and network engineering of a UNIX/Linux/Windows environment. Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the environment (servers and networking components) in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
· Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
· Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
· Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers and network equipment for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
· Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
· Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems and network administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone resources.
· Configures and deploys networks per design.
· Troubleshoots CentOS/RedHat network issues.
· Modifies network components and/or software by translating internal and customer requirements and objectives into final product design.
· Develops and evaluates network and system performance criteria and measurement methods.
· Resolves problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble within the environment and interacts with internal and external customer(s).
· BS/BA (or equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 2 years System Administration experience with current versions of RHEL (ver. 6/7).
· Minimum of 2 years System Administration experience with current versions of CentOS.
· Minimum of 2 years System Administration experience with current versions of Windows Server (2008 or 2012).
· Minimum of 2 years of Linux and Windows operating system security configuration.
· Minimum of 2 years of Cisco network configuration and troubleshooting.
· Minimum of 2 years of server configuration and virtual machine experience.
· Ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Understanding and/or experience with the following: RedHat Linux – Basic Network concepts, Linux kickstarts, Server installation.
· Understanding and/or experience with the following: Windows Server – Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS.
· Familiarity with details of operating system configuration.
· Ability to perform complex infrastructure implementation, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, AD, Large Networks), is a plus.
· Knowledge of scripting for automation of tools is preferred, such as Bash and PowerShell scripting.
· Knowledge of lab infrastructure: power requirements, datacenter build-out experience, how to harden a lab.
· Experience with the following is preferred:
Apply by creating/using an account