Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position requires someone with SME (subject matter expert) level knowledge of Desktop Operating System Deployment processes, Windows 7 and 10 image development, and software/application packaging. It is a requirement to be proficient in design, implementation and lifecycle management of Windows deployment technologies MDT or SCCM OSD in the enterprise. This position will also require SME level knowledge of SCCM patch management, update and application packaging, application distribution and reporting. This individual will also be responsible for creating and updating documentation that provides critical information about end user computing practices.
This team member may be heavily involved in projects that are related to their areas of technical expertise. In addition to projects, this position will be contributing on a team towards lifecycle management of SCCM operations and should exhibit a strong skillset of Windows Server and Desktop OS management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include but are not limited to the following
· Maintain current SCCM systems environment for an enterprise organization;
· Software package development, testing, deployment, and issue tracking;
· OS Image development, testing, deployment, and issue tracking;
· Implement, update, and maintain enterprise level configuration management;
· Analyze the current enterprise configuration management implementation and provide a status report before and after remediation actions are engineered;
· Analyze SCCM log files, provide patch management support, and implement off‐hours maintenance windows;
· Serve 1 week of On-Call duty on a scheduled rotation;
· Follow up on completed work;
· Interpret a customer's description of a problem and determines possible solutions;
· Educate and train customers in the use of the system installed;
· Coordinate with hardware and software vendors to troubleshoot problems;
· Create and maintain detailed documentation on procedures for all systems. Prepare records and reports.
This individual must have 2 years of experience in a leadership role in at least two of the following technical areas:
· Microsoft SCCM 2012 – Patching/Distribution
· Windows Client & Server OS, Deployment techniques using SCCM
· Microsoft Active Directory Administration (GPO)
· Software/application packaging and deployment
· VB Scripting or PowerShell scripting
· Microsoft Messaging Technologies
· Microsoft Client Administration
· Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V)
· Citrix administration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university preferred; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply by creating/using an account