Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Senior Business Consultant – Technology – Mortgage Industry
Location: Jacksonville FL
Role: Full Time
Our Client is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Our Client offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Serves as a senior contributor with expertise in particular business processes responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to a client organization's business plan and industry requirements. Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
- Serves as liaison between end-users and the information technology organization consultants during IT and technology
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement,
acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
- Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also
analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures. Provides recommendations on best practices and changes in
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex
business process problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired
- Assists client in writing test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and
that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client
data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or
- Consults directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
- Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide,
advise and/or check the work of less experienced Technology Business Consultants.
- May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or
- Assists with delivering training either one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the
number in the audience and client preference.
- May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
- May require travel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior Mortgage or Home Equity Servicing experience highly preferred
- Functional knowledge in the following area(s) may be required:
- Customer Service
- Special Loans
- Year End
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Mortgage Industry products and services
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage-and home-equity services industry and associated regulatory and compliance
- Knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development, or
other relevant technology
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
- Awareness of system-development protocol
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the
organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Project management skills, including the ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure
the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Apply by creating/using account