Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: Job Description Summary
• Provide world-class support and expertise to all of Client's Database environments.
• Client's Database Architects set the direction for the enterprise leadership to design and build highly available, scalable and efficient solutions.
• Deliver secure, scalable and resilient infrastructure and software deployment capability for our solutions globally.
• Works with application teams to implement sound RDMS data solutions that follow industry best practices and methods.
• Represent Client's Data Architecture team as a subject matter expert.
• Continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies and provide expertise to integrate technologies and platforms into current environments.
• Provide leadership and contribute to technology roadmaps to support Client's vision.
• Lead and contribute with data migration and integrations from multiple systems.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required.
• Configure and set up new Postgresql installations.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Implement proactive monitoring of all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance or user experience.
• Implement backup strategies and performs upgrades and patching.
• Implement database replication, failover and redundancy strategies.
• Develop architectures to migrate data and entire databases; implement and deliver on the architecture for migrating databases.
• Undertake periodic upgrades of database schema and perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
• Work with EnterpriseDB support when required.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers.
• Create and maintain documentation, procedures and best practice guides for database deployment and maintenance
• Lead and set direction for Client's use of best practices and application database solutions.
• Works with management to plan and implement new strategies including new tools and products that provide data services.
[All About You]
• Thorough understanding and significant experience of database backup & recovery, performance monitoring, performance tuning, data manipulation, data migration and advanced replication technologies.
• Highly knowledgeable of Postgresql architecture and RDBMS inner workings, and No SQL
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with High Availability architecture.
• Solid experience in SQL with extensive experience as a Database Administrator in large organizations.
• Proficient with Postgresql installation and configuration, particularly Postgresql Plus Advanced Server from EnterpriseDB.
• Proficient with Postgresql monitoring and alerting tools/processes.
• Proficient in setup, configuration and monitoring of Postgresql binary and logical data replication solutions.
• Proficient with collecting diagnostics and tuning Postgresql as well as SQL tuning.
• Proficient with Postgresql prodecdural languages (PL/pgSQL, PL/Tcl, PL/Perl, PL/Python).
• Proficient with Linux (RedHat)
• Working knowledge of Data Modelling.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, (Bash, KSH, perl, etc)
Apply by creating/using an account