People Who Care About People
Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
** RN Circulator -Cath Lab**
Organizational Relationships: ·Receives direction from: Cardiologists, Cath Lab Manager, Anesthesia · Gives direction to: *Radiology Tech, Cardiovascular Tech · *Works cooperatively with: Providers, Healthcare Professionals, and Allied Health Staff
*Position Overview: * Ensures proper performance and maintenance of the Cath Lab, assesses patient needs, provides a safe surgical environment while circulating, promotes good patient care, and performs other related Cath Lab duties.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: · Education: o Graduate of accredited school of nursing o 2 years critical care experience · Knowledge and Skills Required: o Demonstrates effective communication skills o Possess knowledge of the theories, techniques and practices of professional nursing and coronary care nursing. o Know the definitions of fundamental computer terms related to applications software and desktop PC’s o Know how to open, read, and respond to email o Know how to manage electronic files o Know how to print electronic documents and reports
*Environmental and Physical Requirements: * · Work in a temperature controlled environment · Potential for contact with chemicals, blood borne pathogens, and exposure to infectious disease · Able to lift 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques several times during shift
Licensure/Certification Required: MT RN licensure, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (or obtained within 1 month of hire)
*Work Schedule: *Opening new cath lab; starting with 0730 to 1630 weekdays. As program progresses/expands will need flexible hours to cover all shifts and weekends as hospital needs demand, including call.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Assists the physician in managing diagnostic and interventional procedures and providing continuity of care
2) Observes and documents physiologic monitoring data and initiate appropriate action
3) Addresses the psycho-social needs of the patient and family
4) Accurately and efficiently documents patient data and charges on the patient record
5). Accurately and efficiently documents patient data and charges on the patient record
6) Safely and appropriately administers medication and IV solutions while demonstrating accountability for tracking narcotics.
7) Checks patient chart for pertinent data and performs patient assessment.
8) Maintains the availability of inventory and medications based on anticipated needs; checks expiration dates and package integrity.
9) Identifies and utilizes the opportunity for professional growth and employee development
10) Assures and assist with safe patient transport as needed
11) Assists in the assessment of the department’s efficiency by participating in quality improvement process.
12) Review charts for accurate charges and procedures
13) Perform data entry for statistical analysis and file in the appropriate binder
14) Patient implant device data entry.
15) Perform weekly narcotic audit per protocol.
16) On call duties as follows: \* Notify on call staff \* Adhere to protocol for appropriate response time, patient transport and procedure set up in a timely manner \* Notify physician
Must Be Currently Active
Apply by creating/using an account