Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Trinity - Bettendorf, IA
Trinity - Rock Island, IL
Required : Diploma from an RN program or ASN
Required - Cardiac or Cath Lab experience as a RN
Iowa and Illinois state nursing license.
Maintain Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES)
Description of Position
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers. The Nurse is able to provide care during specialized cardiac procedures in a circulator, supply, monitor and scrub role. Procedural Sedation is given by the nurse during specialized cardiac procedures under supervision of physician.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required in the administration of emergency medications used in the Cath Lab including under the direct supervision of the physician.
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to operate specialized equipment in the Cath Lab/EP Lab including, but not limited to the following:
o Point of care testing: activated clotting times (ACT), oxygen analysis
o Perfusion equipment: intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP), Impella heart pump
o Coronary interventional equipment: rotational and pulse wave atherectomy
o Advanced hemodynamic monitoring systems
o Aseptic technique
o EP: recording system, cryoablation, RF ablation, mapping system set-up
• Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to prepare and maintain sterile fields and to maintain a clean procedure environment.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of radiation safety and practice including, but not limited to the following:
o Knowledge of advanced imaging systems used in the Cath Lab setting
o Use of radiation protection devices and exposure levels for both the associate and patients.
• Must meet requirements for standby call which includes a 30 minute response time from residence to Rock Island and Bettendorf Campus.
• Must have a working phone in order to receive call in messages.
Development & Patient Education
• Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
• Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
• Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Apply by creating/using an account