Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The purpose of positions in this classification is to provide pain and symptom management and to ensure quality end-of-life care for hospice patients and their families under the direction of the supervisor and physician.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Travels to patient homes and facilities to provide skilled nursing care within the established plan of care. Provides direct patient care including performance of tasks such as taking vitals, performing wound care, IV care, ostomy care, blood draws, injections, and the physical assessment of the overall patient’s medical condition. Reviews, sets-up, and administers medications as necessary per the established plan of care. Conducts patient admissions. Continually evaluates the patient’s condition, treatments, medications, and therapies.
• Coordinates, carries out, evaluates and monitors the hospice plan of care for nursing, social services, spiritual counseling, hospice aides, volunteers and other disciplines and services from the initial assessment to end of care under the direction of the supervisor and physician. Ensures that patient assessments and reassessments are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Contacts and consults with the hospice team and physician regarding the hospice plan of care. Communicates significant changes in patient condition. Provides regular updates on progress and recommends revision of plan care. Recommends patient for further medical attention as needed.
• Documents visit notes, treatments, and care. Records and reports symptoms and changes in patient’s condition. Completes and transfers data on a timely basis. Verifies that physician orders for all disciplines are complete, accurate and cover the care and visits provided. Follows visit pattern according to the plan of care and ensures required visits are completed in a timely manner. Documents patient refusal of visits or care.
• Provides information, instruction and education to the patient, patient family members and caregivers in proper care. Verifies that instructions are being followed and carried-out.
• Responds to calls from patients, family members and others and provides appropriate follow-up to address needs, issues, or concerns.
• Provides instruction and direction to Home Health Aides (HHA) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) staff. Monitors and reviews the provision of care provided by the HHAs and LPNs and communicates concerns to the supervisor. Provides instruction and training as necessary. Reviews documentation to ensure compliance to the plan of care. Ensures for timely completion of joint visits.
• Responsible for attending to patient after death or discharge. Ensures the death or discharge summary is complete and accurate. For discharge, coordinates the transfer of patients to external agencies in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Completes and submits timesheets or time logs to supervisor on a timely basis which accurately document hours, mileage, travel and other time worked.
• Attends safety training sessions and ensures for compliance with safety rules and procedures. Identifies and notifies the suerpvisor of potential safety hazards. Reports any work-related accidents and injuries in a timely manner. Complies with the procedures for documenting and submitting leave and light duty time.
• Attends and participates in mandatory meetings, in-services, and conferences.
• Provides backup to home care patient home visits.
• Assists with audits as requested.
• Regular and reliable attendance at work.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Associates degree in Nursing with two years progressively responsible hospice nursing experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities. Prior home care, acute care, triage, or other nursing experience may be considered in lieu of hospice experience. Current State of Wisconsin RN licensure required. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS This position requires travel to patient homes and meeting locations. Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license. Must maintain an acceptable driver’s record per company policy. Must maintain proof of current auto insurance. Must have access to a vehicle in good working condition. Requires evening, weekend, holiday, and on-call responsibilities. Maintains productivity standards as established by the company.
Must Be Currently Active
Apply by creating/using an account