Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior Network Administrator will manage network infrastructure to ensure stable operation of enterprise data and telecom networks and services. The successful candidate will design, deploy, maintain, operate and optimize enterprise network services and related technology assets. This role is in support of an existing Network team of 2 individuals and a telecommunications team of 2. Additionally, the candidate will also have primary responsibility for managing our relationship with our outsourced data center colocation & managed services provider.
• Develop network architecture to address local (LAN) and wide area (WAN) data network needs. Design, configure and deploy LAN and WAN network connections, hardware, software and communication links, and services. Optimize network systems and services. Troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze utilization and provide capacity planning solutions. Coordinate with data network solution providers to design enterprise network topology, routing and service levels.
• Ensure the stable operation of the enterprise data network infrastructure. Install, configure, maintain, support and optimize network hardware, software and communication links. Coordinate with network service providers to ensure network availability and service levels. Analyze and resolve network related problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Set monitoring policies, implement appropriate alerts, & write runbooks across the network platform
• Follow Incident and Problem Management protocols. Track major incidents to root cause and document.
• Produce regular WAN Capacity Management metrics/reports, to an existing standard. Design and implement plans to ensure network capacity meets existing and future requirements
• Assist implementation teams in engineering network solutions for new projects
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory documentation
• Coordinate installation of network and telecom hardware and software across the enterprise
• Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, and standards
• Assess, approve and administer network and telecom equipment and software upgrades & patching
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of network equipment including routers, switches, hubs, etc.
• Ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
• Administer user accounts, permissions, and network access rights
Plan, design and deploy wireless local area networks (WLANs) across the organization. Oversee the installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of WLAN hardware and software infrastructure and related services. Analyze and resolve WLAN hardware, software and service problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors and service providers to procure network products and services
• Develop, maintain and test network disaster recovery plans
• Prepare and ensure the accuracy of network documentation for data, voice and video systems
• Serve as primary relationship manager to firm's outsourced data center provider
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
• 5-8 years of total work experience, with 2-4 years of experience in the following products
• Cisco Catalyst & Nexus
• Cisco Unified Wireless (i.e. Client, Prime Infrastructure)
• F5 Big-IP (Multiple products)
• Wan Optimizer, i.e. Riverbed
• Basic QOS knowledge and experience with Avaya
• Microsoft & Linux Operating Systems
• Previous monitoring & alerting setup experience including Solarwinds Orion and Netflow Arbor experience a plus
• Will require occasional off-hours & weekend support
• Strong communication skills
• Previous experience managing datacenter or datacenter providers
Apply by creating/using an account