Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title – ECM - 3rd shift
Job description (feel free to attach) – see below
Tentative start date – ASAP (Usually a Monday)
Tentative end date – 12 months
Work shift (days/times) – 3rd Shift 10:00 pm – 6:00 am
Training will most likely be required for 2 weeks on 1st or 2nd shift
Role Summary/Purpose The ECM Machine Operator will work at the Parsippany, NJ a Client Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Set-up and operate electro-chemical machines to cut metal work pieces to specifications following standard charts and manuals and applying knowledge of electro-chemical machining processes and methods.
• Examine operation sheets of product and plan operation of machine for any ECM operation.
• Dress electrodes according to standard practices and part requirements and identify any conditions that will render an electrode unusable.
• Position and secure work pieces on electro-chemical machine table with clamps, vices or holding fixtures. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrodes to ensure concentricity, alignment and depth of electrode to work piece using measuring instruments such as dial indicators or computer machine controllers.
• Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current and electrode feed rate according to information on charts, operation sheets, data cards and/or knowledge of electro-chemical machine procedures. Turn valves to adjust flow of acid through electrodes and on work piece.
• Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Make adjustments as necessary within specifications to ensure operation runs smoothly. Check on machine and electrodes frequently throughout the operation.
• Inspect work pieces visually and with specified measuring instruments for conformance to specifications and record measured dimensions.
• Use electronic documenting system to update status of parts as they are moved throughout the plant and record all necessary quality information including accept/reject criteria and detailed information regarding any quality defects.
• Move completed work pieces to outgoing area, and from incoming area for next operation.
• Check set-up and electrodes at the start of each shift. Check depth of electrodes to work piece before every operation.
• As required, train and assist other operators with issues or difficulties.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to manager.
• Make a strong effort to achieve or exceed expected production output.
• Keep track of how much time is spent on each machine or activity throughout the shift and record daily through electronic system.
• Display an expert level understanding of all types of operations.
• Perform production, quality and machine troubleshooting on any type of operation or ECM machine.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
• Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
• Has strong ethical stands and integrity
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
• Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
• Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
• Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
Apply by creating/using an account