Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SR. CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Parsons will assist the General Services Administration (GSA) Special Programs Division (SPD) by providing construction management support services for the management of the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) FY18-19 Expansion Program. The program includes construction of new court rooms for new Immigration Judges and their teams. The core of our work shall be to provide construction document review, construction project management, administrative support, and communication plan development.
The duty station for the Construction Manager (CM) will be located at the Earle Cabell Federal Building in Dallas, TX during construction. The CM MAY WORK REMOTELY DURING THE DESIGN PORTION OF THE WORK.
Performance objectives include but are not limited to the following:
• Parsons' CM shall support the GSA PM with the review of construction documents and then, if possible, construction administration of the same project.
• Parsons' CM shall prepare and track program budgets, project status, and any other pertinent documents.
• Parsons' CM support is based on twenty-five (25) hours per month during the four (4) month design phase. The CM shall review the project documents and provide a written summary to the GSA PM.
• Parsons' CM will be full time on site daily during the assumed six (6) month construction phase to review the progress of the construction project. The CM will create a daily report describing the activities completed each day, document who is on site, any pertinent discussions that were had including any direction given by GSA Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and send to the GSA PM for their review and concurrence.
• Parsons' CM shall participate in weekly program meetings (conference calls) with SPD and other GSA Personnel. The project meetings will include GSA PM's, GSA-SPD, EOIR, and the AE/Contractor. The CM shall be available for impromptu meetings by conference calls, when possible, when called for by the GSA PM.
• Parsons' CM will provide coverage when the assigned GSA PM is out sick or on vacation. The CM will be required to coordinate with the GSA PM when taking any leave or sick time.
• Parsons' CM will review all construction documents and specifications and provide written comments during each review period.
• Parsons' CM will verify that all comments from the GSA and EOIR have been incorporated into the next submission provided by the A/E team.
• Parsons' CM will ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
• Parsons' CM will communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
• Parsons' CM will coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and laborers, GSA SME's, EOIR PM, and GSA PM.
• Parsons' CM will monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
• Parsons' CM will maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, and safety standards.
• Parsons' CM will conduct periodic inspection of construction site activities.
• Parsons' CM will ensure that project documents are complete.
• Parsons' CM will identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
1. Position requires minimum of 10 years Construction Management experience. A postgraduate degree in construction management is an added advantage.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
4. Thorough understanding of fire-life-safety, sprinkler and fire alarm systems is a must.
5. Recent experience working on large Federal construction job sites is preferred.
Apply by creating/using an account