Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Shift/Hours: 9/80 Schedule
Job Description: The Scheduling Specialist provides comprehensive Schedule Management services to support effective project execution.
The primary responsibility of this position is to function as a civil/structural design engineer on Technical Expertise and Support TES plant and capital projects of varying type(s), size(s) and duration(s) primarily at the Carrollton, KY Site or at any of Dows North American sites.
Responsibilities and activities include:
- Civil/structural engineering and detail design for plant and capital projects.
- This role will deal primarily with structural design (i.e., structural steel, reinforced concrete, foundations, piling, pipe supports, masonry, building design, etc). However, some civil engineering (e.g., site development, drainage design, underground piping) and architectural design will be required as well.
- Industrial experience required; commercial and institutional experience desirable.
- Coordinate the civil engineering and designer resources on individual projects.
- Responsible for code (i.e., IBC, NFPA, ACI, AISC, etc.) compliance on projects.
- Knowledgeable in STAAD, SP3D modeling and Microstation desirable.
- Support civil construction activities with clarifications and/or technical consultation as required.
- Develop project scope, supervise activities, and review calculations and design drawings for projects performed by the Central Engineering (Chennai, India Engineering office) as well as work completed by consulting engineers, EPC firms, design/build contractors and construction contractors.
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and quality of all civil engineering and design documentation and communication for projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) with a concentration in structures required.
- Professional Engineering (PE) or Structural Engineering (SE) licensure is desirable
Job information and working conditions (e.g., physical requirements, preferred work experiences, travel requirements, etc.):
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive civil/structural design engineering experience; shop and field experience a real plus.
- Must be technically and theoretically proficient.
- Team player with the ability to work with a wide variety of detail design leads in a multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Willingness to work in the field and operating chemical plants as necessary to verify engineering drawings, take measurements and collect field data under all climate and weather conditions.
- No fear of heights and no physical disabilities that would preclude field work including roof and tank top investigations, climbing ladders and stairs, working from manlifts, or working in close proximity to operating machinery.
- Strong interpersonal skills since this position will have frequent interaction with clients, engineering colleagues, construction managers, contractors and vendors.
- Great people skills required; good personality and willingness to work with people from diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds, from clients to contactors, from North America as well as globally.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of civil engineering design tools.
- Self-starter, independent, ability to work with very little supervision, and great work ethic; willingness to learn, take direction/instructions, and accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess strong multitasking and time-management skills and be capable of working concurrently on multiple projects of various sizes, complexities and durations.
- Willingness to work in an atypical design environment utilizing unconventional design techniques and methods to resolve non-traditional, out-of-the-box problems.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high pressure office environment.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting design and vendor drawings, structural steel shop and erection drawings, and rebar placement drawings.
- Willingness to ask questions for clarification and seek help when needed.
- Knowledge of shop and construction practices desired.
- Some knowledge of surveying and estimating desired.
- Travel to North American Business-Aligned Sites (Client) as required (infrequent).
- Willingness to work overtime as required (infrequent).
Assignment length - long term, indefinite in length.
Apply by creating/using account