Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Shift ; 2
SQL DBA (IT TECHNICAL SPECIALIST)
As a senior DBA of Central Group Irvine, you will be responsible to support and/or improve business processes with information technology solutions. Develop, design, and analyze systems and/or programs of moderate scope and complexity. Develop procedures for the solution of a variety of well-defined business problems, or for segments of complex and difficult problems or systems, and plan the processes necessary for computer solutions. Ensure integrity of
the company's databases, transaction processing and reporting systems, security, resource monitoring, reporting, and the development of specialized systems and processes.
• Databases support a business platform of approximately 6 internally developed web applications, 6 commercial off the shelf applications, and a mid-size data warehouse Supporting a global business reporting system.
• Support design and testing of database partitioning and schema options to support the next generation reporting environment.
• Support current environment to optimize stability and performance for nightly processing and daily reporting.
• Develop methodology to upgrade all SQL environments to SQL 2012 R2, including the conversion of DTS packages to SSIS.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Information Systems, Computer Science Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through ten or more years related application/infrastructure experience utilizing the company's standard toolsets. Specific assignment may require recognized certification in area of expertise.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL server 2008 and / or 2012.
• MS certifications are required.
• Experience with prior versions helpful.
• Oracle experience in addition to MS SQL experience preferred.
• Experience supporting data architectures on versions SQL 2000 through SQL 2012 R2.
• Knowledge of moderate to highly complex programming, system design, and analysis principles, and general business operations.
• Specific area of assignment may require knowledge in specific or multiple products and tools such as: technical knowledge of software and hardware selection implementation and testing methodology, client/server application development, architecture, database-connectivity and database design methodology; and, knowledge of manufacturing and support organizations, business and workflow process, and quality methods.
• General knowledge of and ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to information technology and related areas.
• Knowledge of project management standards, methods and techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively with users, project teams, and management.
• Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals and detailed technical manuals and procedures.
• Ability to respond to significant inquiries from users.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status Required
Apply by creating/using account