Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Safely, efficiently and expeditiously use designated welding machines, equipment and tools; and follow established processes and procedures to assemble, prepare and fabricate vessels, as specified by job orders, and stage them for the next process.
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties include all those associated with the Welder I position, plus the following:
• Set up and operate specified welding machines, tools and equipment, with minimal assistance.
• Consistently, accurately and reliably complete specified tasks.
• Follow the 5S system.
• Must be able to use all of the tools of a Welder I.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Perform all of the tasks of a Welder I.
• Three (3) years welding experience.
• Ability to perform all preventive maintenance on machines, tools and equipment, with minimal assistance.
• Ability to assist in the training of same or lower grade co-workers within the department.
• Ability to diagnose product and/or equipment problems and resolve, as necessary.
• Ability to meet the requirements of a majority of Welding Procedure Specifications.
• Proficient in fit up of components and using hand torches.
• General knowledge of PECOFacet product line, required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma and/or GED.
• Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must meet the physical demands for the position including, but not limited to, the ability to:
• Stand for long periods.
• Bend, stoop, walk, kneel, crouch, carry and climb.
• Use hands and/or arms to finger, handle, feel and reach.
• Talk and hear.
• Frequently, lift and/or move 1 to 20 pounds, and occasionally, up to 50 pounds.
• Work from elevated platforms and/or ladders.
• Use specific vision faculties which include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to harmful light emitted by welding machinery and flying metal particles, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The duties of this job may be performed in non-controlled temperature environments and in an area of moderate to high noise levels.
The employee must:
• Adhere to all Safety guidelines.
• Immediately report all safety issues including injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, and near miss situations.
• Review PPE Hazard Assessment Certification Form for safety requirements.
Pay rate is + 10 % shift differential
2 hour of over-time daily plus some weekends
Title: IOU Welder Grade: 3
Reports to: Value Stream Team Leader Job Code: TBD
Builds/Welds custom products from prints and raw materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Welds including spot welding, tig, mig and stick.
2. Sets up welders, fabricates (bends, cuts, welds, and drills) grinds and shears.
3. Works in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
4. Follows established safety and environmental policies, procedures and methods applicable to the work area.
5. Performs other duties as necessary.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• General welding coursework completed.
• 2 - 3 years of experience in sheet metal manufacturing and/or assembly environment.
• Proven experience operating and programming Amada or similar CNC Turret Punches.
• Experience working with sheet metal.
• Ability to understand and follow written work instructions.
• Basic knowledge of hand tools such as tape measure, wrenches, drills, etc.
• Basic level math skills including fractions and decimals and an understanding of angles.
• Ability to read from a schematic.
• Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel.
• Ability to pass a basic welding test prior to being hired.
• Computer skills including MS Office, Lotus Notes and ability to learn Client business systems.
Apply by creating/using account