Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Operates various tool room or tool cutter grind equipment in the construction, alteration, and repair of tools,dies, fixtures, test equipment, or other related toolmaking functions. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions and/or engineering, tool, or equipment information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works independently with minimum guidance in a team
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Five or more years tool making or direct related machining experience in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work with minimum supervisory guidance.2. Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet customer needs. 3. Reads, understands, and follows blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and informal written or verbal instructions. 4. Able to make and evaluate complex machine set ups. 5. Has working knowledge of advanced machine shop mathematics, including trigonometry. Possesses knowledge
of cutting tool geometry for different cutting tool types and materials. 6. Able to implement lean initiatives.7. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.8. Possesses effective mentoring and training skills, and ability to serve as a resource to other team members.9. Interpret reports and uses job specific software applications. 9. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
* Special Requirements:
Designs and fabricates complex cutting/form tools, hand tools, dies, fixtures, and test equipment or other items of complicated design with limited or no instructions. Participates in concurrent engineering/manufacturing by providing input to initial product design. Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Routinely works independently with minimum guidance in a team environment.
1. Sets up and operates tool room equipment and multiple machines. Maintains close and exacting tolerances and finish requirements.
2. Selects proper materials and tooling, and proficiently works from own conceptions. Performs all machinery operations requiring complicated and unusual set ups, improvising in the absence of established tooling and documentation.
3. Sets up and operates CNC/conventional tool and cutter grind equipment where applicable.
4. Applies advanced shop mathematics, knowledge of metal characteristics, and manufacturing process planning.
5. Inspects finished products for conformance to dimensional specifications utilizing precision measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and complex surface plate techniques. May be required to use coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Ensures equipment is calibrated in accordance with schedule.
6. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
7. Advises and assists with complicated tooling design and improved manufacturing methods and techniques.
8. Trouble shoots and resolves complex machining problems.
9. Actively leads or contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
10. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
11. Conducts training and mentors less experienced team members.
12. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Seven or more years tool making or direct industry related machining experience in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work independently with minimum supervisory guidance.
2. Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet customer needs.
3. Reads, understands, and follows blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and informal written and verbal instructions.
4. Proficiently makes and evaluates complex machine set ups.
5. Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, including trigonometry. Possesses extensive knowledge of detail cutting tool geometry for different cutting tool types and materials.
6. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of gages, precision measuring instruments, and all necessary inspection equipment.
7. Proficient with oxy-acetylene brazing and silver soldering, as required.
8. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
9. Possesses effective mentoring and training skills, and serves as a resource to other team members.
10. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
11. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Apply by creating/using account