Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
With direct guidance in a team environment, responsible for performing a variety of product support duties following well defined procedures and processes in one or more of the following functions: raw stocks, parts identification, shipping, receiving, stockroom, stock handling, clean operations, parts handling, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. One year product support or related experience or demonstrated ability to perform described position responsibilitites. 2. General knowledge of computer terminal operations. 3. May be required to operate moving equipment and saw equipment and meet OSHA safety qualifications. 4. May require forklift operator certificate. 5. Must demonstrate manual dexterity. 6. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. 7. Ability to read and understand related forms and specifications. 8. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds. 9. Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
1st Shift Position
Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests a variety of moderately complex products to achieve customer quality and on-time delivery schedules. May perform lockwiring, first stage subassembly, and final detailing functions. Works on products that contain mechanical components and multiple part numbers. Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Receives direct supervisory guidance.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Performs moderately complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment. (I.e. buffing and polishing equipment, calipers, protractors, and height gage)
2. Reviews the job, components and quantities to assure all is available for welder to complete tasks.
3. Count and size the tubes to be sent for chemical cleaning on daily basis.
4. Buff, haze or remove discoloration and chemically clean if required.
5. Once inspected, sleeve, box and ensure proper paperwork is signed off and completed.
6. Apply epoxy tape to assemblies and install inserts and rivets to brackets.
7. Identifies non-conformances disclosed by test data and reworks as instructed.
8. Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
9. Inspect, measure, verify and approve assemblies and paperwork according to blue prints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, and customer requirements.
10. Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles and tests, to customer and/or industry standards.
Secondary Responsibilities/Non Essential Functions
1. Actively participates in lean/continuous improvement initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
2. May assist in training less experienced team members.
3. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and foreign object damage (FOD) free work area. Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance.
4. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
5. Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilizes this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years industry related experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
3. Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
4. Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
5. Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
6. Able to implement and effectively apply lean/continuous initiatives.
7. Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
8. Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self-service to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
9. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
10. May be required to present production information to other team members and management.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to move about inside the plant to operate machinery. The team member must be able to remain in a stationary position about half the time. The team member is required to operate plant machinery and tools to assemble parts and use test equipment. Must be able to detect and identify parts and tools and inspect work for defects and accuracy. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to move parts or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across the shop floor.
Apply by creating/using account