Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description:Looking for 6 RNs to work 7p - 7a in our med/surg float pool
Responsible for rendering professional nursing services, either directly or indirectly, for a defined group of patients according to the hospital's philosophy of patient care.
1. Provide direct patient care, including examination and treatment under an approved protocol. Evaluate outcomes and adjust nursing care processes as needed to ensure optimal patient care.
2. Utilize the nursing process to implement goal-directed nursing care for a defined group of patients.
3. Monitor medical condition of assigned patients at all times and report to Nursing Supervisor, Physician or designee, any patient care problems, changes in condition or unexpected occurrences.
4. Educate patients/family regarding condition, treatment, discharge/transfer planning and follow up examinations if needed. Seek feedback from patients/family to evaluate understanding and document.
5. Perform a variety of nursing skills in compliance with physician orders and established Hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicate with physicians and other departments to consult on patient status and to ensure continuity of care.
7. Respond to cases of cardiopulmonary arrest, fire, disaster or other emergencies in accordance with established procedures..
8. Maintain patient's medical records in an orderly manner and document all care provided and significant information, legibly, accurately and completely.
9. Provide clinical leadership for other staff members and participate in the orientation of new personnel.
10. Assume resource nurse responsibilities when necessary.
11. Assume responsibility for own professional development, setting goals and striving to achieve them through available resources, such as attending seminars, inservices and/or reading journals.
12. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Specifications
Graduation from an accredited nursing program and a minimum of six months job-related experience or equivalent is required. RI State Licensure is also required.
The job is typically required to perform work through eye/hand/foot coordination most of a normal workday. The job is also regularly required to be exposed to a work environment which requires safety precautions to be taken.
I. APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE:
A. Effectively provides direct patient care, including examination and treatment under an approved protocol. Professionally evaluates outcomes and adjusts nursing care processes as needed to ensure optimal patient care.
B. Properly implements patient plan of care either directly of indirectly with the appropriate nursing action, maintaining the Hospital's philosophy of patient care.
C. Monitor medical condition of assigned patients at all times and report to Nursing Supervisor, Physician or designee, any patient care problems, changes in condition or unexpected occurrences.
D. Educate patients/family regarding condition, treatment, discharge/transfer palnning and follow up examinations if needed. Seek feedback from patients/family to evaluate understanding and document.
E. Accurately performs a variety of nursing skills in compliance with physician orders providing safe, effective patient care.
F. Effectively communicates with physicians and other departments to consult on patient status to ensure continuity of quality care.
G. Responds to cases of cardiopulmonary arrest, fire, disaster or other emergencies in a professional and timely manner.
H. Maintains patient's medical records in an orderly manner and documents all care provided and significant information, legibly, accurately and completely.
I. Effectively provides clinical leadership for other staff members and participates in the orientation of new personnel.
J. Effectively assumes resource nurse responsibilities when necessary.
K. Assumes responsibility for own professional development, setting goals and striving to achieve them through available resources, such as attending seminars, inservices and/or reading journals.
II. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Demonstrates a specialized level of knowledge and thorough understanding of the practices/procedures related to:
A. Hospital Nursing Practices
B. Infection Control Procedures
C. Intravenous Nursing
D. Medication Administration
E. Specialty certification per patient population requirements i.e. telemetry, ACLS Demonstrates a working knowledge and solid understanding of the practices/procedures related to:
F. Aseptic Techniques
G. Biomedical Equipment/Electronics
I. Patient Transport
K. Quality Improvement
L. Teaching Practices
III. PLANNING & DECISION MAKING
A. Completes job responsibilities within required timeframe according to established schedules or workflow requirements.
B. Displays an ability to evaluate areas in need of improvement and provides input in order to improve current methods, services, programs or technology.
C. Reviews and asses information before making decisions and solving problems.
D. Effectively prioritizes own work in order to complete job responsibilities. Adjusts priorities based upon changes in patient conditions.
E. Uses proper judgment and knowledge of established practices and procedures when addressing problems or issues.
IV. PATIENT RELATIONS
A. Provides safe, appropriate care to patients according to established Hospital policies and procedures and/or designated plan of care.
B. Provides appropriate information of instructions to patients' family and visitors.
C. Explains procedures to patient and provides assistance when necessary.
D. Communicates pertinent information regarding patient's progress and needs to appropriate hospital staff.
E. Monitors patient's condition to alleviate complications.
F. Acts as a patient advocate, safeguarding the rights and confidentiality of patients at all times.
G. Assesses, treats and cares for patients in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
Utilizes interpersonal communication skills in order to exchange information in a clear and accurate manner with:
A. Managers/Supervisors Inside Dept
B. Employees Outside the Dept
C. Employees Inside the Dept
A. Provides clear instructions and/or trains others in a manner that ensures their understanding.
B. Provides feedback to others in a constructive, helpful manner.
C. Documents patient medical records according to prescribed policies and procedures.
A. Schedules and assigns work to staff to provide efficient and quality service at all times.
B. Provides constructive and timely input on employee performance appraisals.
C. Provides input and assistance in the training and development of employees.
D. Assists in the communication of new or modified Hospital policies and procedures to personnel thoroughly and promptly.
VIII. HOSPITAL-WIDE STANDARDS
A. Conducts all job duties in accordance with established hospital and regulatory requirements.
B. Maintains and respects the confidentiality of any patient, employee and/or any other sensitive information.
C. Works effectively with others; helps others to solve problems; promotes teamwork and cooperation among individuals and/or departments.
D. Shows flexibility and willingness to extend self over and above the call of duty.
E. Willingly helps others to solve problems.
F. Demonstrates ability to satisfy job requirements in situations involving unusual work demands.
G. Displays a positive attitude to patients and/or co-workers; sets a good example to others.
H. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures at all times.
I. Present and on-time according to scheduled hours.
Apply by creating/using account