Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
As a member of the Executive Team, the Chief Operations Officer provides leadership, management and vision to the agency and ensures that appropriate operation controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people and systems are in place for the effective administration of the agency. In addition to providing strategic leadership, the COO is charged with management of the following departments: Communications and External Affairs, Organizational Systems & Performance; and Operations (Human Resources, Information Technology, and Facilities).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Strategy, Vision and Leadership:
• Advise executive and senior management on relevant operations matter.
• Serve as an integral team member regarding development of the agency's long-term planning, strategic goals, and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
• Represent the organization externally, as necessary, including but not limited to HUD, Federal, State, Local Agencies, Executive Chamber, press/media, elected officials and during external events.
• Instill a sense of comradery, commitment and consistency of operations between departments and the agency at large.
• Lead and manage day to day business operations.
• Serve on the Executive Team to align departmental objectives with other programs/departments and those of the agency at large.
• Oversee the maintenance and implementation of departmental policies, internal controls, standards, and procedures.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual operations budget process, in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer.
• Ensure GOSR adheres to the strategic plan, delivering status reports, as necessary.
• Ensure consistency of policies and procedures for operational functions at all GOSR state office locations.
• Coordinate with Executive Chamber and HTFC senior management on major agency operations.
• Develop, implement and monitor agency needs regarding human resources and crosscutting support services.
• Develop programs and initiatives to empower and professionally develop employees and encourage maximum performance.
• Set, manage, and track comprehensive goals for agency performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management role
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
• Entrepreneurial and innovative approach
• Superior management and influencing skills; ability to engage with direct and indirect reports and peers
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical operations initiatives
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interact as a member of executive management and all levels of staff
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
Apply by creating/using account