Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Safely, efficiently and expeditiously use designated equipment and tools, and follow established processes and procedures to provide stocked, staged and work-in-process materials in support of production, both in-house and through sub-contractors.
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although the duties may vary among departments, they include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Unload and load delivery trucks.
• Verify product description, quantity and quality based upon accompanying shipping documentation.
• Accurately record and stock items while maintaining material/system integrity.
• Pick, load and move items based on work orders or other documentation.
• Drive vehicles/equipment to deliver items to stocking, staging, Client-down or specified work areas.
• Inspect and maintain storage, stocking and Client-down areas.
• Build wood pallets, crates and containers, as required, for material movement.
• Follow special handling, documentation and traceability procedures for materials with Lot Tracking designations.
• Follow directions and perform tasks as assigned by Lead and Supervisors.
• Ensure that stocking, staging and storage areas are safe and clean.
• Follow the 5S system.
The tools used, by Department, include, but may not be limited to:
• Forklift 0 – 10,000 lbs.
• Staple gun.
• Ladders and platform.
• Wrenches (Various hand wrenches).
• Pallet jack (manual or electric).
• Shrink Wrapper.
• Tape measure.
Sub-Fab and Warehouse
• Cordless electric drill.
• Air tools.
• Overhead crane.
• Strapping gun.
• Pneumatic nail gun.
• Radial Arm saw.
• Electric standup forklift
• Pickup truck.
• Flatbed truck.
• Hand wrapper.
• Steel stamps.
• Band cutters.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Forklift operation, ability to pass an in-house certification and clean driving record, required.
• Six months to one year experience in a warehouse/shipping environment, preferred.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office software, preferred
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to read a standard tape measure.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Sub-Fab: Ability to safely, efficiently and expeditiously use overhead cranes to move parts and materials.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma and/or GED.
• Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must meet the physical demands for the position including, but not limited to, the ability to:
• Stand for long periods.
• Bend, stoop, walk, kneel, crouch, carry and climb.
• Use hands and/or arms to finger, handle, feel and reach.
• Talk and hear.
• Frequently, lift and/or move 1 to 20 pounds, and occasionally, up to 50 pounds.
• Work from elevated platforms and/or ladders.
• Use specific vision faculties which include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The duties of this job may be performed in non-controlled temperature environments and in an area of moderate to high noise levels. If the duties are required to be performed in the Vessel shop areas, the employee may be exposed to harmful light emitted by welding machinery and flying metal particles.
The employee must:
• Adhere to all Safety guidelines.
• Immediately report all safety issues including injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, and near miss situations.
• Review PPE Hazard Assessment Certification Form for safety requirements
Responsible for handling and transporting a variety of materials, parts, products, or other items in support of the production and warehousing functions throughout the plant.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs handling and transporting duties as outlined in the Process Instruction for the assigned work area.
2. Changes propane tanks, charge and change batteries on fork lift trucks as required.
3. Removes scrap materials from the department as required.
4. Performs cycle counting as required.
5. Completes paperwork as required, including material transfers, receiving, scrap, and time reports, daily fork truck inspection forms and others.
6. Performs inventory transactions using computer terminals or RF devices.
7. Operates forklift, hand pallet truck, barrel lift, floor sweeper, floor scrubber, and yard truck as required.
8. Completes the fork lift truck's daily inspection form.
9. Uses communication and mathematical skills in the performance of duties.
10. Keeps work area neat, clean, organized, and under control.
11. Observes safety rules at all times and immediately reports unsafe conditions to department supervision.
12. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Apply by creating/using account