Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
"Ensures timely and efficient completion of engineering projects to achieve company, customer, and product reliability and cost objectives. Has overall responsibility for leading technical projects or phases of projects involving the design and development of new or core products and/or processes. Plans, schedules, and coordinates efforts of assigned project staff and serves as a technical advisor on major projects. Projects at this level are assigned to develop project management and leadership skills and to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Does Not Have Direct Reports
May have indirect or matrix responsibility to guide the technical work of a team to achieve project milestones. Has regular and frequent internal interface to present project status; may be the primary contact with customer/suppliers for projects requiring coordination.
1. Develops project objectives by reviewing technical project proposals and plans and conferring with management and related teams. Ensures projects meet schedule commitments, cost results, and technical expectations through effective project leadership.
2. Creates project plans and milestones by studying product or system design and customer technical program requirements (including performance and data requirements), completing technical studies; and preparing cost estimates. Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements and assigning staffing and resources.
3. Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface to present project status; determines feasibility of changing customer requirements and may propose and/or negotiate changes in schedules or methodology in coordination with program management. Gains customer confidence in overall support of customer programs.
4. Controls the project plan by reviewing any changes in technical requirements or specifications (e.g. requirements management) and recommending actions to achieve milestones. Keeps project on schedule and within budget. Controls project costs by reviewing non-recurring costs, monitoring and approving quotes and expenditures; may administer and have oversight for outsourced contractors.
5. Prepares and reviews technical project work prepared by others (e.g. system schematics, layouts, algorithms, transfer functions and related test plans, procedures and reports) by applying
engineering principles and technical judgment. Advises and monitors regulatory and intellectual property concerns.
6. Ensures consistent engineering standards, processes, and documentation methods are used in project deliverables. Establishes and maintains engineering history files, project files, and related information to provide archive of technical project activities.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
8. Acts as point of contact on technical and project-related matters. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees. May serve as a functional specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
"• Bachelor's degree (BS) in an engineering or science technical discipline; Master's degree (MS) or MBA preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience.
• Has thorough in-depth knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, product standards, and techniques, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering or scientific field to area of expertise.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
• Effective project management and organizational skills. Able to facilitate project team interactions and develop project team member capabilities.
• Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
• Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, design, and project management tools following established project/program management protocol.
• Ability to establish and track performance to goals and objectives to complete complex or major projects and provide direction to the team at project milestones.
* Special Requirements:
Direct Hire Positon - PRODUCT ENGINEER
MUST have a BS Degree in Engineering
The Engine Filtration Technical Center is located in East Hartford, CT. This facility is designed to meet all customer design and development requirements. We pride ourselves on rapid support, optimized filtration designs and a quality solution every time. We are comprised of a customer experience area, engineering collaboration space, prototype manufacturing and an extensive test lab.
-Identifies opportunities for product improvements and cost out through evaluation of manufacturing practices and assembly methods. Utilizes CAD and FEA software to develop product improvements. Performs cost analyses to justify changes, and coordinates activities of multiple disciplines to implement the changes.
-Performs root cause analysis on defective products using engineering principles and knowledge of manufacturing processes. Determine root cause using statistical methods (e.g., Design of Experiments (DOE), SPC). Modifies existing products to resolve quality problems, and coordinates activities of multiple disciplines to implement a solution.
-Modifies existing products and creates new products for new applications. Utilizes knowledge of systems and works directly with OEM's to determine product performance requirements. Leads team members of product development projects, and justifies monetary resources and personnel to attain project goals.
-Defines product performance standards and product acceptance standards using knowledge of systems and laboratory testing equipment and procedures. Determines disposition of non-conforming material using engineering judgment and knowledge.
This position's primary focus will be working directly with OEM customers to design fuel filtration systems for diesel engines. The Engineer will be working from customer performance and space specifications, to design and launching new solutions. The engineer will work in a cross functional team environment with other design engineers, in house lab testing, purchasing, tooling, project management, quality, and manufacturing in order to bring their designs to production.
B.S. in Engineering 3-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Good math skills, and familiarity with personal computer and CAD software required. Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes preferred. Prefer lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEA, and quality systems experience. Previous experience working directly with OEM customers in designing products is preferred. Previous experience using DFMEA, PFMEAs and developing DVP&R plans is required. Strong Modeling experience is required, experience using Inventor preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Client is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Client is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Apply by creating/using account