Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Senior Applications Systems Analyst
Job description: The Adams 12 Five Star IT Department is recruiting for a Senior Applications Systems Analyst to play a key role in supporting our student information system (Infinite Campus) and other academic applications.
Because we are a lean team of generalists, the person who fills this position will be a key contributor throughout the entire project life cycle, from gathering business requirements to assisting with system design, testing,
documentation, implementation, and customer support. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator who can work closely with end users to understand their business needs, in addition to collaborating with a high
functioning IT team.
Key initiatives we will be tackling in the next 2 - 3 years include
● District-wide roll out of online enrollment for new students
● Implementation of role-based security for our student information system
● A re-work of our processes for soliciting and adding new student courses in a large and complex district.
● Development of structures to engage key customers in order to better inform our work.
Beyond technical and other professional skills, we are looking for someone who has the humility to genuinely consider multiple perspectives, who is absolutely a team player, and who truly 'owns' the work.
Additional insight on what might constitute the "ideal candidate” for this role:
● Technical support skills for large, enterprise applications with the ability to ask the right questions and move quickly toward identifying root cause.
● Technical writing expertise, specifically communicating technical concepts in a user-friendly way.
● QA experience, including the creation and execution of test plans
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and documentation skills.
● High level of analytical and design skills for requirements development and technical specifications.
● Experience with training, facilitating, and course development.
● Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
● Ability to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job. Includes adapting to and mastering new system applications and processes as implemented
by the district or department.
● Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
● Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to
contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
● Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe
conditions to the appropriate administrator.
● Experience with K-12 applications like Infinite Campus (Student Information System) and Enrich (Special Education), and Naviance (College Readiness).
● Experience with State Reporting via Data Pipeline to the Colorado Department of Education.
● Experience working with Application Level
Apply by creating/using account