Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
*************** THIS IS ONLY OPEN TO THE AGENCIES WHO HOLD A CLEARANCE ***************
1 Person Needed ** ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED **
Pay Rate: $27.40/hr
RATE PAID FOR ALL HOURS WORKED (contractual requirement)
NO OVERTIME RATE PAID – Possible Overtime hours may be required
Temp Position w/temp to hire option
Start Date: 3/12 (or ASAP)
Contract End Date: 9/28/18 – End of Option Year 1 – 3 additional option years are projected
Location: Naval Base Coronado, CA 92118 -- Naval Special Warfare Center
SECRET Clearance REQUIRED
US Citizenship REQUIRED
Local candidates ONLY
Must be able to pass DRUG & BACKGROUND check
PLEASE INCLUDE THESE QUESTIONS and ANSWERS with your SUBMITTALS:
• Naval Special Warfare or Special Operations Experience? Number of years?
• Qualified at Financial Manager Level II or equivalent?
• Familiar/Experience with FM systems to include SABRS, STARS or Fast Data? If so, how much for each one?
• Experience in high paced DoN/DoD Financial Management office?
Parsons is seeking a Financial Specialist to support the Comptroller Department at Commander, Naval Special Warfare Command (CNSWC). The successful candidate for this position will be a certified Financial Manger Level II as depicted in the Financial Management Handbook, DoDI 1300.26, the DoD FM Certification Program. The Financial Specialist proactively assists government employees in the Naval Special Warfare Center with Cost Accounting, Progress Reporting, Special Reporting, and Budget Statistic Reporting.
• Perform duties in support of NSWCEN's budget and financial management, analysis, and reporting for NSWCEN's Total Obligation Authority (ToA).
• Assist in developing spend plans to support budget submissions. Assist in monitoring budget execution to identify trends and analyze the use of funds.
• Perform analysis of trends and provide recommendations to meet established obligation targets. Compile data from various sources and prepare a variety of recurring and special budget reports, completed and submitted within established deadlines.
• Assist in preparation of various budget exhibits using prescribed templates; Ensure all supporting documentation provides sufficient evidence to justify budget submissions.
• Analyze and assist in processing funding requests to ensure fiscal compliance, proper use of funds.
• Assign financial structure in accordance with local business rules.
• Assist Government personnel in performing oversight and monitoring execution of NSWCEN budgetary resources in the Operations and Maintenance budget.
• Identify and analyze trends in receipts, obligations, and expenditures. Assist in monitoring budget levels to ensure appropriate and efficient use of funding.
• Assist in monitoring and assessing obligations, expenditures, and requests for allotments, through examination of accounting records, continuing dialogue with program officials and their staffs, and review of progress reports.
• Prepare a variety of reports covering the status of program funds, expenses, and obligations, as required by higher authority.
• Qualified as a Financial Manager Level II as depicted in the Financial Management Handbook, DoDI 1300.26, November 20, 2013 the DoD FM Certification Program preferred.
• Proven Naval Special Warfare or Special Operations Experience.
• Strongly prefer a minimum 8 years of DoD Financial Management experience. Won't accept less than 4 total years.
• Current qualification in ERP and STARs preferred.
• Proven FM experience in making recommendations for funding targets based on analyses of activity budget estimates, historical expenditures, projected requirements, and approved funding.
• Possess a valid state driver's license.
• Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing. Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
• Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Apply by creating/using account