Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position Description: Fiscal/Procurement Coordinator
Position Title: Planner II Full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Length of request: No determined end date
Immediate Supervisor: Contracts/Fiscal Unit Director
The Planner II is responsible for various administrative functions, policy and procedure development/update for the State of Delaware, Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH), Business Operations Office (Accounts Payable Unit/Contracts Unit). This position will rely heavily on Administrative skills.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
1. Analyze and assess data, problems, and issues and their impact on programs, plans or the current environment.
2. Define and evaluate alternative uses of resources, viable options/approaches and anticipated costs and benefits, consequences and outcomes using present and projected information.
3. Develop, promote and market strategies for the implementation of plans, policies and programs.
4. Provide technical assistance, training and education for understanding and managing change.
5. Word processing documents produced typically require composing correspondence, formatting, tables/columns creation, graphics, use of macros and merging information from different documents/applications. Spreadsheets produced typically require developing formulas for calculations, analyzing data to make projections, creating a spreadsheet database, query database and developing/printing reports, create and use macros, recording/arranging data, creating charts/graphs. Database applications typically require creating and maintaining the database as the sole support and includes activities such as performing calculations and embedding objects, design, create and edit file structures; sort/filter tables; and create/modify queries. Presentations typically require developing layout, outline, slide presentation and handouts to create original presentations.
6. Conducts limited research and analyses of agency services or other situations requiring agency action to determine, implement or authorize an appropriate course of action. Briefs management on potential areas of difficulties.
7. Coordinates operations and/or components of functional programs with Federal, local and state agencies to accomplish identified goals and objectives and assist in the administration and management of staff functions.
8. Principal contacts are with department directors, division administrators, agency management, and executives outside the department and elected officials to confer and advise on the resolution of problems. Frequently handles highly sensitive, confidential, and/or political issues on behalf of the superior in situations critical to overall agency operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The intent of the listed knowledge, skills and abilities is to give a general indication of the core requirements for all positions in the class series; therefore, the KSA's listed are not exhaustive or necessarily inclusive of the requirements of every position in the class.
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of the planning profession.
2. Knowledge of historical and contemporary issues in the planning profession.
3. Knowledge of the intergovernmental and inter-departmental planning activities.
4. Knowledge of the principles and practices of project leadership and project management.
5. Knowledge of the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
6. Knowledge of public policy formulation and evaluation.
7. Knowledge of state and federal funding sources and budgetary cycles, procedures.
8. Skill in formulating problems and designing and conducting research.
9. Skill in building interpersonal relationships in order to work effectively with peers, customers, the public and state and federal officials.
10. Ability to develop comprehensive plans and visualize their efforts.
11. Ability to integrate various disciplines into the planning process.
12. Ability to analyze and examine issues and options.
13. Ability to synthesize, interpret and simplify complex issues.
14. Ability to be resourceful, use initiative and sound judgment in defining and preparing significant substantive elements of planning activities in the public interest.
15. Ability to develop recommended courses of action and express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively, both orally and in writing.
1. At least two years of experience as a planner OR at least two years of experience in a planning function.
2. Six months of experience in health or human services work such as applying theories, principles, laws and practices of health or human services programs and services that assist with and improve life for individuals, families, or communities such as financial support, employment, unemployment, housing, health care, disease prevention, substance abuse, child protective services, physical/mental health treatment and prevention or rehabilitation.
3. Three years of experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
4. One Year of experience in developing policies or procedures.
5. Two Years of experience in narrative report writing.
Graduate of a college or university with a degree in public administration, finance, social science, or related field; Graduate degree, in Public Administration preferred.
1. Demonstrated willingness to learn new work skills, concepts, and approaches.
2. Demonstrated experience with community engagement, outreach and mobilization, including the ability to develop and maintain community trust.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Apply by creating/using an account