Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
1 Person Needed - URGENT
MAX Pay Rate: $26.00/hr
Temp to hire (after 520 hrs minimum)
Work Hours: 8am-5pm
Location: 4701 Hedgemore Dr., Charlotte, NC 28209
Locals ONLY (No per diem or Relo)
US Citizenship is REQUIRED
Interviews are required via phone and in-person
NO Overtime is expected
~ MUST HAVE Microsoft and Apple operating systems and applications experience.
IMPORTANT FROM MANAGER:
1. Employee resigned and only gave 1 week notice; need urgent back-fill
2. Must be able to work with CEO and SVP's
3. Have proven ability to work alone without direct supervision
4. Be self-motivated
5. Follow established policies and procedures
END USER COMPUTER SUPPORT TECH (Mid level)
Under limited supervision, provides technical support for the installation, repair, and maintenance of personal computers, workstations and related software and hardware used by Parsons employees, contractors or clients. Handles a range of troubleshooting activities to resolve identified questions, issues and problems with individual and group hardware and software, with special emphasis on issues that may require research and initiative to identify and resolve. Records and reports data about the resolution of specific issues, questions and problems and refers specialized matters to other Parsons IS teams.
Included among the varied day-to-day EUC operational tasks, the candidate will also perform refreshes, data migrations, imaging of machines, provide regional remote support via phone, and possibly assist the helpdesk. There will be a great deal of interaction with various teams such as server, network and exchange teams; must have very good communication skills.
Will work with Parsons End User Computing Support team members and other IS work groups to implement, maintain and troubleshoot specific issues, questions and problems associated with individual computers or related hardware; this may include support for various network, application and infrastructure systems.
• Provides in-person and remote analytical and technical support for the installation, repair, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrades, modifications and enhancements to individual workstations, personal computers, related hardware and software. Will provide similar support for Apple devices, including Mac desktops, laptops, and smartphones. Will also need to provide system support for CADD/Engineering applications, such as AutoCAD and MicroStation.
• Troubleshoots software and hardware questions, issues, problems and failures with workstations, personal computers, related hardware and software; this may include more complex and challenging matters that require research and initiative to resolve. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up actions.
• Screens and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests for maintenance of personal computers. Identifies incidents, issues, questions and problems that are beyond the scope of the work group and refer those to higher-level End User Support staff members or to other IS groups.
• Assures that all activities are documented and reported according to Parsons and IS standards.
• Regularly follows up with end users to ensure that questions, issues and problems have been resolved to the user's satisfaction.
• Maintains knowledge of current trends in the development of end user hardware and software.
• May work with third-party vendors and contractors in handling routine installation, maintenance and use of their products and services.
• Assists with project mobilization activities; may work with projects having to do with IT infrastructure hardware, as directed.
• Assists with office moves, consolidations, and closures.
• Onsite support will be provided in office as well as remote regional support with some business travel, as needed.
High school diploma and 2 years or more of related work experience providing support to end users, working in an IT support role or an equivalent combination of work experience and education).
• A working knowledge of Microsoft operating system and applications as well as a very good knowledge of personal computer technology, including a variety of computer models, printers and peripherals. Experience working with standard security tools including anti-virus and disk encryption.
• Must have strong Apple support background/experience/proficiency, covering MAC laptops, desktops, smartphones and related peripherals. A good working knowledge of the Apple operating system and applications.
• Good customer service skills.
• Be thorough, organized and efficient.
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve technical issues, questions and problems with hardware and software configurations.
• Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak very well in basic professional situations and present technical data in a logical manner that is easy to understand (may include communication via telephone, in person, or presenting to small groups). Ability to write moderately complex documents (may include emails, memos, procedures, presentations). Typically communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and managers) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
Apply by creating/using account