Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
1 Person Needed - CLEARED
Start Date: 1/2/18 (or ASAP)
Pay Rate Range: $40-$50/hr
Temp with Temp-to-Hire option (depending on workload)
Location: 401 Diamond Drive, NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
Must be local (no per diem or relo)
Candidates must hold an active SECRET CLEARANCE
Interviews required in-person
Critical Asset Protection (Security)
Do you have an interest in Security?
We are focused on providing our customers expertise in the areas of electronic and physical security, intrusion detection, access control, computer security, information technology, information assurance and computer networking expertise and to create new capabilities. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
Parsons is looking for an individual for projects involving new and system upgrades for U.S. Government customers using the latest in security software. Knowledge will be gained through researching manufacturer's equipment, project specifications, and government performance requirements. Candidate will learn to Integrate Electronic Security Solutions including Physical and Logical Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, IP Based Networks, Network Intrusion Systems and CCTV.
Daily tasks include: Systems Integration utilizing hardware and software engineering skills to ensure subsystems function together as a single working system. Engineer will assist on activities such as site surveying, system drawing development, technical write ups, equipment and software identification, quality control, and system configuration and testing. Engineer will assist higher level engineers in developing system configurations, pre-installation graphics, and programming guidance for installers. Establishing and coordinating LAN/WAN topologies with client, hardware and configuration requirements as dictated by the overall system designs for each project. Assist system engineers and directly performs drafting and or directs CADD operators in preparation of system design drawings. Works with technical writers in development of contract deliverable documentation and manuals and works with subcontractors when design elements require outside assistance. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating environment is a plus. Maintains close liaison with Program and Project managers for all projects assigned.
• Must be self-starter and motivated to learn
• 0+ years of Security experience (cyber, electronic, or physical)
• Preferred - Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, civil, computer science or related engineering field.
• Must be able to read and generate blue prints / drawings to make complete drawing package.
• Demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with clients, understand user needs, and show initiative, tact, and judgment in developing solutions for users
• Broad knowledge of the diverse hardware and software components of access control systems, clusters, web servers, database servers and computer networks
• Must successfully pass a security background check.
• Must be able to crawl, climb vertical ladders to perform site surveys at customer sites.
• Ability to obtain / maintain an international driver's license (WHEN CONVERTED DIRECT)
• Clearance needed to start
• Most work is domestic, but some may be overseas (WHEN CONVERTED DIRECT)
• Must be able to obtain a US Passport and be able to maintain company credit card. (WHEN CONVERTED DIRECT)
• U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Apply by creating/using account