Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Reston VA
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate operational security posture is obtained, monitored, and maintained for multiple mission information systems throughout their lifecycle. Must possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the intent of the ICD 503, NIST 800-37 and DOD 8510 security controls required to obtain, manage, and monitor all security aspects of an information system from cradle-to-grave. Candidate is required to coordinate the day-to-day security operations of the information systems with System Administrators, System Engineers, Software Distribution, Patch Management, and Sustainment Teams. Position serves to interpret and develop security policies, provide mentorship and guidance to other security engineers, lead security meetings, gather and report program IT security metrics, and serve as the program ISSO/ISSE representative at key stakeholder meetings with customer representatives. Responsible for providing system vulnerability testing using COTS and GOTS based tools, and generate security finding reports. Must be able to build NIST 800-37 and DOD 8510 security control test cases. Responsibilities will include; but are not limited to, reviewing, analyzing and documenting the secure implementation of logical controls, physical controls, environmental controls, personnel security, incident handling, security relevant changes, continuous monitoring activities, audit log review, analysis and reporting. Additionally, the candidate is responsible to develop System Security Plans, SOPs and provide security training and awareness of the Information System to both privileged and non-privilege users.
· 10 years in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software intensive projects and programs for Government or Industry customers
· Minimum 5 years as a Security Engineer supporting security architecture development.
· Apply current computer science technologies and IA requirements to the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer/communication systems and networks to maintain an acceptable system security posture throughout the lifecycle of multiple national level mission systems.
· Coordinate and work with various system stakeholders to determine the applicable security/IA requirements based on the intent of the ICD 503, NIST 800-37 and DOD 8510 security requirements.
· Proven ability to manage and maintain System Security Plans (SSPs) from inception through decommissioning following the DoD Risk Management Framework process.
· Coordinate with program management and other stakeholders to track and maintain risks associated with multiple mission Information Systems to ensure compliance with all IA requirements and national level directives.
· Knowledge in Multi-level Security/Cross Domain systems and operations with special requirements such as Program Protection, Anti-Tamper, Red/Black Separation and OPSEC are assets.
· Experience in the management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements under the ICD 503, NIST 800-37 and DOD 8510 security is highly desired.
· Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software in support of Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense, in addition to Federal Sector Government Agencies.
· Experience with any of the following COTS security tools: Splunk, ArcSight, BlueCoat HBSS
Current active TS/SCI required. CI Polygraph preferred.
Current in at least one of the following 8570 IAT Level III certifications: CASP, CISSP, CISA, GCED, GCIH or GSEC
Apply by creating/using an account