Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-11:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand. Some rotational weekend work will be required.
The General Maintenance Technician II is responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders and providing service and feedback to the customer on all work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures and systems in an industrial, large commercial, or logistics environment.
This position supports the daily functions within our maintenance department, primarily performing routine PM's as well as some troubleshooting and repair of facility equipment. After sufficient training from other Technicians, the Maintenance Technician II needs to be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: conveyor and/or R.O. systems; overhead cranes; doors, docks and levelers; ventilation equipment; rooftop HVAC equipment; pumps and motors; as well as pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems. This position may also be responsible for equipment and tooling repair once provided on the job site training is completed.
The General Maintenance Technician II will document and input all data on PMs and repairs into a CMMS. In addition, general maintenance tasks related to wall and floor coverings; windows and window hardware; doors and door hardware; office furniture; etc. will be required.
• Assists the team with a variety of industrial or commercial production and facility electrical repairs and preventive maintenance to machinery, equipment and systems.
• Assists co-workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as CNC machining centers, hoist, parts washers, robots, welders, conveyor systems, R/O systems and overhead cranes; dock locks and levelers; pumps, piping, seals and valves; and heating and ventilation equipment.
• Performs basic plumbing repairs.
• Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues
• Inspects and performs basic repairs roofing materials.
• Performs preventive maintenance on as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
• Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
• Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
• Other duties may be assigned.
1. High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
2. Two years of experience maintaining buildings and facilities in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver's License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
• This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
• Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
• Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
• Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
• Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
1. Associate's degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, HVAC or a related field.
2. Experience troubleshooting and repairing production related equipment and industrial overhead doors.
3. Experience troubleshooting and repairing large HVAC/R equipment, including refrigeration systems, large air handling systems, and 200 ton chillers.
4. Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial lighting systems.
5. Experience troubleshooting and repairing control systems and electrical systems.
6. Experience with piping and valves.
7. Experience safely operating aerial and platform lifts, working at heights of 30 feet or higher
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Apply by creating/using account