Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Duration: 3 months
1. What are the top 3 skills required?
2. Are you available to hire, interview, and/or start a worker in the next 5 days (LI, HI, Driving) or 15 days (Admin, Professional, IT)?
3. Do you have any PTO or days off in the next 5 -15 days? "
These positions will operate production equipment such as Extruders, Molding presses, Cutting presses, Splice presses, Drill presses, and Water jets. Responsibilities include general operation knowledge, preventative maintenance, and set-up. Employees must follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Positions of various levels available across both first and second shift. Experience is desired, but not required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to operate one or more pieces of machinery, including:
• Extruder: general knowledge of set-up, operation and preventative maintenance, and ability to become proficient by learning set-up and operation, including speeds, feeds, temperature settings for different types of material, etc.
• Molding press: basic knowledge of the operation and ability to become proficient by learning set-up
• Cutting press: basic knowledge of the operation
• Splice press: basic knowledge of the operation and ability to become proficient by learning set-up and reading work instructions
• Drill press: ability to drill and be accurate
• Angle grinder: ability to grind rubber and prepare surfaces in different applications in a safe manner
• Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the supervisor
• Read and interpret press operation orders, routings, work instructions and basic drawings
• Locate and gather correct materials, molds/tooling, and supplies needed
• Follow FIFO on raw materials
• Load and unload machines for operation, including properly weighing and measuring if applicable with scale or tape measure in standard or metric
• Complete production records
• Complete daily assessment of any tools and equipment being utilized and report maintenance needs
• Use various power and hand tools with accuracy and safely
• Mix and use adhesives safely
• Maintain a clean, organized work area
• Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects
• While performing the duties of this job, employees frequently work near moving mechanical parts and are exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
• The production area is often cold in the winter and hot in the summer months
• High school diploma/equivalent and sufficient knowledge or experience to perform industrial math and measuring and to read and understand work orders with instruction
• Ability to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in main units of measure using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals
• Ability to use a tape measure and calipers
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 70 pounds occasionally
• Position requires standing or walking most of the day as well as the ability to bend over, kneel, climb stairs, and push and pull product.
• Position requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Position requires the use of hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, ability to balance, and ability to talk and hear.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Apply by creating/using an account