Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
I&C Maintenance Technician and Electrician will perform a variety of instrumentation and control trade functions. These duties include corrective and preventive electrical maintenance on facility equipment such as motor control centers (voltages to 120vac, with 480vac max), VFDs, valve actuators, PLCs, and remotely controlled equipment. Tasks involve installation, wiring, network cabling, configuration programming and calibration of all types of instrumentation related to plant process control. Examples are flow and pressure transmitters, valve actuators, liquid samplers, process anaylzers and complex control cabinet wiring, Modbus and Profibus devices. Responsible for detailed troubleshooting and correction of plant control issues. Installation and maintenance of wiring and conduit systems per NEC code from 0 to 480volts. Routine maintenance of fiber optic conduits, cabling, patch cords.
Grade 13 Facility Maintenance Technician II
Education: High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
Experience: This is an intermediate level position with 2-3 years related work experience.
Level Specific Responsibilities: Works under direct supervision and independently performing complex technical work utilizing instructions, drawings, schematics, device documentation, computer software, electronic meters, network analyzers, and other tools. Responsible for completion of each work order assigned, or project task. Will be involved in training and advising other technical personnel. Will perform data entry, records keeping, as building drawings, and utilizing computer software.
Demonstrate knowledge of electrical systems, electronics calculations, electronics aptitude, and NEC code familiarity
Demonstrate understanding of electrical safety, protection devices, enclosures, control wiring practices
Demonstrate Math skills including arithmetic, algebra, trig and calculation used in signal conditioning, scaling, device programming
Willingness to work in a waste treatment plant, performing I&C and maintenance tasks, while outdoors, in all weather.
Willingness to be trained and directed by I&C supervisor and engineer in I&C technology, practice, installation, troubleshoot and repair
Required to learn and advance personal knowledge and skill in the I&C field, control systems, Ethernet, fieldbus, video systems
Required to advise, share and train other team members in specialized skills, and learn new skills from others.
Required to have current computer skills in Windows, MS Office Excel and Word, cabling, etc.
Demonstrate understanding and ability to work in with software applications, install troubleshoot and utilize vendor software, establish USB, Ethernet, and other types of data connections from tools, equipment and analyzers to computers.
• Must have adequate corrected vision and hearing ability to maintain situational awareness and personal safety while working with and around machinery and tools.
• Must have manual hand dexterity to work with very small wires, 1/10 " terminals and components, without damage
• Ability to remove 100-200lb manhole lid with hook tool, perform gas checks and enter manhole
• Ability to wear and utilize safety equipment, including body harness, gloves, eye and hearing protection, respirator, biohazard suit, electrical arc flash suit, and to hear an audible confined space gas detector alarm sound.
• Ability to climb down ladder through 30 " manhole, and climb ladder to top of 100ft water tower in a reasonable time
• Ability to pull upward with 50lbs force, for example to clean sensor wells, or pull tools upward
• Ability to climb on ladders, scaffolding, piping and platforms using safety harness, to access work locations
• Ability to duck/crawl under 3 ft high horizontal obstacles
• Ability to carry 50lb tool bucket, 500ft, in 3 minutes.
• Ability to perform mechanical worktasks, handle and utilize a 2 lb hammer, hammer drill, drill press, reciprocating saw, manual conduit bender, conduit threading tool, 2 ft pipe wrench,
• Possess license to operate a public road vehicle. Operate company light duty truck/vehicle, safely, and skillfully.
Associates degree in electronics technology or engineering
Direct experience as an electrician and troubleshooter
Direct experience with maintenance of electronic instrumentation and controls
Experience reading schematics, troubleshooting electronic circuits
Apply by creating/using an account