Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position Title: Engineer IT Platform - Windows
The IT Platform Engineer- Windows prepares engineering analysis of projects including preliminary design, calculation, lifecycle costs and equipment selection. The Engineer installs, maintains, and troubleshoots system software and related infrastructure. The IT Platform Engineer – Windows excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results.
* Responsible for assisting in day to day administration of the Windows Server environment
* Maintains and supports the infrastructure platforms and systems to ensure the highest availability while reducing the impact of incidents.
* Conduct in depth evaluations, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving a wide variety of complex technical issues.
* Advocate and provide technical support on new technologies to other information Technology teams.
* Implementation of systems including the advisement of clients and providing work guidance to implementation and development teams.
* Test, recommend and implement new technologies.
* Follow team/department server build procedures regarding design and implementation of hardware, software, and systems.
* Manage system upgrades, enhancements, migrations, integration and releases of new software to Stage/Non-production, production and disaster recovery environments and resolve any technical and/or business issues.
* Resolve, coordinate and escalate back-up / recovery support issues and risks.
* Provide twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) day a week on-call support at scheduled times; be able to be contacted through a business cell phone or provide an alternate phone contact at all times.
* Maintain system compliance with SOX, PCI, IT General Controls and other regulatory controls as required.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in CIS or Computer Science and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through four (4) previous years of experience and education
* Five (5) years of experience in production operations environment.
* Five (5) years of experience in server and datacenter technologies.
* Five (5) years' experience with VMWare ESXi 4 and VMWare ESX 5.
* Five (5) years' experience with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2.
* Knowledge of IT Best Practices as they relate to the following areas: IT Infrastructure, Change Management, Data Networks, IT Security, Virtualization, Web Servers, Single Sign on and Storage technologies.
* Experience with MS-SQL databases and Directory Services
* Available for overnight travel (up to 25%)
* Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
* Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Experience with Active Directory in a Windows Server 2012 R2 Forest and Domain, IIS 7, IIS 7.5, and Akana SOA Software v6.x from a support and implementation standpoint.
* Proficient in Identity Access Management technologies such as, but not limited to, Okta, SCIF and Azure Active Directory
* Experience with .Net 4/4.5 application support and troubleshooting.
* Experience with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
* Managing applications in private and public cloud environments.
* Managing applications that reside in hosted datacenter environments.
* Experience supporting Web Services (SOAP/REST/JSON) in a production environment with various security policies such as, but not limited to, Client Certificate, LDAP, Basic Auth and oAuth.
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
Apply by creating/using an account