Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Investment Banking Client
$180K-$190K base + bonus
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning; people who like to build new platforms, features and services. This position requires collaboration with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams to deliver innovative solutions. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be expected to provide innovative technical thought leadership and cutting-edge application development approaches. In this position, you will manage an agile team of engineers to create feature rich, efficient, and scalable applications. The right person will be passionate about technology, scalability and the web and have strong technical and managerial skills to help design, build, and review the team's implementations. Writing code and being hands on is essential for this position. You should be comfortable conducting design and code reviews within the engineering team and leading and vetting designs across partner technical teams and with business leaders. You should be able to get into the details of our solutions, guide implementation, and take end-to-end ownership of systems in coordination with your peers in the product management and operations.
This role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Own your solutions from product to production. Be educated and opinionated about product requirements and direction and authoritative on the architecture of your services.
• Be hands on and earn the technical respect of the team. Some part of your time will be spent writing code. Be a technical mentor for the team Good problem-solving skills and mature decision making. You get in, understand the problems and are able to help craft the solutions. You know how to make the tradeoffs and how to explain them.
• Establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
• Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge.
• Be hands on. Earn the technical respect of the team. Jump in to code complex and high impact issues. Be a technical mentor for the team.
• Be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints.
• Keep technical debt in check. Standardize the process for collecting compromises and tradeoffs and ensure appropriate prioritization and resolution.
• Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community.
• Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Understand SLAs and how your systems are performing in relation to them. Ensure your systems self-report breaches and understand root cause. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects.
• Mentor and grow your people. Create an environment of individual accountability. People grow to meet expectations. Yours should be high.
• Bachelor's degree in either Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
• 3 – 5 years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
• Proven experience in project management of multiple initiatives with competing priority and disparate resourcing
• Hands on experience with agile software development methodologies
• Demonstrable 8+ years of solid experience in Java, J2EE in a large enterprise environment.
• Mobile development experience in iOS, Android and HTML technologies.
• Have 3+ years of hands on experience with web services, micro services.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
• Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of java, application web services (rest or soap), spring frame work, spring boot is a must
• Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure such as proxy / web seal / caching / DB is a must
• Tomcat and Webshpere application server knowledge is a must.
• Able to operate successfully in a matrix environment
• Proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
• Highly motivated, able to work independently and apply own initiative
Apply by creating/using an account