Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Infinity Consulting Solutions (ICS) is currently seeking a talented Infrastructure Engineer for a contract opportunity with one of our clients in the Chicago area.
Description: As an infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the infrastructure that runs the applications within Receivables Lockbox. You will be responsible for delivering infrastructure projects, resolving infrastructure risk issues and providing infrastructure support for the applications. Advanced understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and Banking policies.
Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision), Proficient in more than one specific infrastructure technology, Advanced understanding of best practices and Banking policies, Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget, Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms, Must be able to assemble technology solutions and effectively define and implement a working architecture, Technical certifications as required.
* Serves as the technical lead for the infrastructure components of a development project and interacts heavily with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) resources (DBA, system admins, network engineers, etc.) and the application development team.
* Prioritizes, scopes and estimates the various infrastructure projects and partners with GTI teams to design, build and implement infrastructure solutions.
* Provides Level 3 support. Partners with various technical teams to troubleshoot server, network and storage issues.
* Supports the ongoing server hygiene and maintenance activities.
* Assists in driving estimates for infrastructure project work.
* Works closely with the production support team on infrastructure changes related to project deployments.
* Maintains and provides documentation and training related to ongoing support and troubleshooting of new infrastructure hardware or tools to support the application.
* Ability to quickly learn how business processes align to application functionality in order to solicit input from subject matter experts that would drive infrastructure modifications.
* Leads implementation of multiple infrastructure projects simultaneously.
Required Skills / Experience:
* 5 - 7 years experience building and supporting infrastructure (servers, SAN, network connectivity, databases) for a Windows-based platform.
* 3 – 5 years experience supporting and troubleshooting standalone .NET and ASP.NET applications.
* 5 - 7 years experience partnering with development leads and architects to align a platform's technology drivers to the architecture design in order to identify and implement future state infrastructure improvements.
* 3 - 5 years experience with Certificate and Key management
* 3 - 5 years experience supporting security patching/Cyber related hygiene activities.
* 3 - 5 years experience supporting server hygiene/security remediation related activities (security patching, permission/access remediation, etc.)
* 1 - 3 years experience on a platform that required partnership with multiple internal software engineering teams and vendors (on and offshore) simultaneously
* 3 - 5 years experience supporting infrastructure for a Linux-based platform.
* 1 - 3 years experience using infrastructure monitoring tools to support Windows and Linux based platforms.
* 3 – 5 years experience in performing Level 3 production support for an application.
* Experience with the infrastructure support and performance monitoring tools such as Performance Monitor (perfmon), Process Monitor (procmon), Wireshark, OpNet, etc.
* Solid understanding of infrastructure project delivery best practices
* Advanced technical problem solving skills
* Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment.
Apply by creating/using an account