Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
IT Operations Associate
New York, NY
Reporting to the Manager of IT Support, our IT Operations Associate will work onsite at one of our client's schools, and will be responsible for providing professional and timely assistance to approximately 400 scholars and approximately 60 staff.
This is a visible and technical role that requires knowledge of Apple & Google hardware and software, as well as MS Windows virtualized on Macs, common end-user applications, networking, and security.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct regular building walkthroughs, to proactively ensure equipment is maintained and report issues to the network team as appropriate;
- Provide professional and timely hands-on tier 1 technical support and assistance to staff in person and via a ticketing system based on existing business logic;
- Respond to tickets from the school-based team, and liaise with the network team to resolve issues in a timely fashion;
- Escalate tier 2 & 3 issues and problem ticket resolution tracking including root cause analysis;
- Coordinate with vendors, school site & central office teams on projects in support of school staff;
- Manage Apple MacOS, Chrome OS, iOS device support, and MS Windows, including but not limited to MacBook, iPad, iPhone and MiFi devices;
- Test new hardware and software technologies, accounting for business and market trends;
- Maintain documentation of procedures and policies. This includes testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying hardware and software, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools
- Other duties as assigned.
A successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Consistently demonstrates uncommon patience and empathy while optimistically troubleshooting technology issues;
- Continuously provides and receives feedback regarding current IT processes to identify areas of improvement;
- Can communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders up to and including the Chief Executive Officer;
- Is technically nimble, action-oriented, responsive, and forward-thinking;
- Advocates for our schools, providing real-time support and thoughtful solutions with both IT and non-IT initiatives;
- Is an independent problem solver and has an understanding of in-house tools and technologies;
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs;
- Can travel up to 25% in the five NY boroughs; and
- Is willing to be on call after hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or combination of education and related experience in technical support;
- 1+ years of Mac desktop experience; using JAMF or other automated tools preferred;
- 3+ years of experience deploying Mac-based products;
- 1+ years of experience in implementing security and compliance findings;
- Functional understanding of Apple Software, Hardware, and Operating Systems, Chromebooks and Chrome OS, G Suite;
- Experience with tools like Slack, Trello, BlueJeans, Zendesk, Interactive panels;
- Experience with SaaS administration, SSO (Okta, LogMeIn, etc.) and enterprise-level Networking;
- Functional understanding of Windows Software and Operating Systems, virtualized in the Mac OS, such as Parallels and VMware Fusion;
- Experience with technical writing and documentation;
- Certifications a plus: JAMF, ITIL, Apple Certified Mac Technician, CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+, Cisco Networking; and
- Apple Genius Bar experience welcomed.
Apply by creating/using an account