Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
If you are a Production Support Engineer and you are looking to expand your skills, be recognized for your talent and work, and learn new technologies that will challenge your capabilities, then we have the opportunity for you. Imagine doing that while working for an industry leader that puts TECHNOLOGY and TECHNOLOGISTS FIRST!
ICS can help you attain your dream job! We are a leading staffing firm with a simple focus; excellent candidate experience and excellent client support. We are focused on one premier client in Wilmington Delaware. Our client is staffing a major project and they are looking for contract to hire and contract roles.
You will provide expertise in designing, building, and deploying technical solutions for system issues of varying size and complexity based on various operating system platforms. You will work with the Production Support team and focus in the fast-paced home lending line of business. An understanding of system/solution design and architecture is essential. In this position, you will be responsible for:
· Working as an escalation point of contact for the production issues in the space and drive the resolutions
· Will be working as a trend analyzer and proactively addresses the issues and keep the documentation available for the team to address similar issues in the futures
· Act as a technology SME for the team on various integration points of the suite of products and will show cross technology expertise in analyzing and addressing the issues
· Should be able to work independently and be able to lead people on technology areas with no people management
· Should have demonstrated experience of ability to handle multiple incidents or projects simultaneously
· Ability to drive multiple initiatives in production space independently and leading the team simultaneously where needed.
· Work to manage and maintain server frames deployment, partitioning, and capacity.
· Work with application partners and architects, and participating in the design and documentation of the infrastructure and systems, building out the end-state solution, and working with production support teams to ensure a smooth transition into production.
· Post-production, serve as a knowledge expert for issues that arise with the designed/implemented solutions. Provide technical decisions and direction when working with project managers, application developers, and business partners.
· Act as an advocate for the customer's technical needs while ensuring compliance and adherence to all applicable processes, procedures, and standards and recommend solutions and alternatives in situations where they view efficiencies are not being obtained.
· Work on include large-scale cross-function application environments, smaller simple application servers, systems re-engineering/re-design, and system/site moves.
· As required, work weekends and/or off-hours to meet project/workload demands and production on-call duties.
You will need to have experience with production support in an infrastructure environment, as well as some background in a few of the following technologies:
· Hands-on experience implementing Windows, experience implementing Linux servers, and/or experience on AIX in a large enterprise environment
· Experience designing highly reliable/recoverable UNIX-based solutions that address specific business needs and requirements
· Good understanding of storage technologies like SAN and NAS and ability to understand infrastructure layers around them
· Experience on monitoring tools like Site Scope, Tivoli or Nagios
· Experience in infrastructure hardware of various OS platforms
· Working knowledge with SQL Server 2008/2008R2
· Experience planning /configuring and deploying Group Policy in a complex desktop and server environment
· Experience with determining correct solution sizing/scaling based on business requirements
· Solid experience with clustering, load balancing and high availability solutions
· Thorough understanding of web and FTP services
· Experience implementing WebSphere or WebLogic solutions strongly desired but not required.
· Thorough understanding of storage related technologies from a server perspective; working with provisioned SAN, external/remote storage media, etc.
· Knowledge of server to network interfaces, TCP/IP protocols, TCP/IP routing, IP switching, DNS and DHCP
· Experience supporting various directory services including Active Directory.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, AD partners, senior management, and customers
· Strong documentation skills with experience designing system design diagrams, application flow diagrams, and other related technical documentation.
· Leadership abilities: ability to drive discussions with client, provides leadership for in-house internal partners, and explains complex issues to AD partners and senior management.
· Attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
· Must be able to remain focused on critical deliverables while remaining aware of simultaneous communications and issues.
· Professional customer-focused attitude at all times, even during situations of disagreement.
· Understanding of and experience with change management concepts, processes, and tools.
· Ability to train and mentor more junior technical staff.
· Experience working in a "hands-off " environment driven with controls/process in place
If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity that will change your career, we want to talk with you!
Apply by creating/using an account