Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Network Engineer
We have a client in the far NW burbs of Chicago looking for a Senior level Network Engineer. Our client is on the cutting edge of new network technology and need to continue to build out their team to support the demands of their customers. This is within their managed services department so you will be dealing with internal and external customers.
Must have skills:
Working knowledge in a number of the following technology areas:
o Switches – Cisco IOS and Nexus platforms
o Routers – Cisco IOS and IOS XE platforms
o Firewalls - Cisco ASA and FWSM platforms
o Load Balancers - Cisco ACE, CSS, F5 LTM and F5 GSM
o WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead and Cisco WAAS
• Network Technologies/Topologies:
o WAN - MPLS, MPLS Layer 2/3 VPN's, Frame-Relay, GRE/IPSEC VPN, VPN, SIP/PSTN services
o Layer 2 networking - 802.1(D,W,S) , Ethernet, PPoE, Ether-Channel
o Layer 3 networking - IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP (v2), BGP, MP-BGP, PFR, OSPFv3, EIGRPv6, RIPng, Advanced Redistribution, VRF-lite
o Multicast Networking - Multicast (Sparse + Dense), MSDP, Anycast, Auto-RP, BSR, PIM, SSM
o Security - CBAC, Zone-Based firewall, Reflex ACL, NAT, IP Source Guard, uRPF, Cisco IPS/IPS, RSA Envision
o QOS – Congestion avoidance and congestion management. MQC, CBWFQ, LLQ, NBAR, WRED, Auto-QOS
o VOIP - Cisco voice gateway functionality, SRST
o Unified Computing/Virtualization - Design, support, configure, upgrade Cisco UCS systems
o Data Center - FabricPath, FEX, vPC, UCS, FCoE
o Wireless – Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, lightweight and autonomous AP models, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, MSE, Aruba and Meraki
o VPN - SSL VPN, IPSec VPN, and DMVPN (phase 1 and 2), EZVPN, Anyconnect
• Additional knowledge/skills:
o Operating System/utilities - Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, Windows XP Professional, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, DNS, DHCP, Netflow, WireShark
o Professional skills - Network drawing tools including MS Visio, presentation skills and experience including MS PowerPoint
• Hands-on experience in a large enterprise or data center environments
o CCIE or equivalent
o ITIL Foundations Certification
Nice to have skills:
• As a Senior Engineer provide technical services with no supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, or Technology Owners.
• Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with no supervision.
• Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects
• Conducts/lead design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
• Proactively develop plans and activities to avoid problems.
• Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
• Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
• Perform scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
• Handle several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoot and develop internal network, respond to emergencies).
• Communicate with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
• Respond to all customers professionally and courteously and relay any customer questions or concerns to manager.
• Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
• Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
• Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
• Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
• Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
• Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
• Conduct self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
• Test, evaluate, and develop new products, offerings, and solutions.
• Conduct training of customers and coworkers in both formal and informal environments.
• Work directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Apply by creating/using account