Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
INTERNAL AUDIT SENIOR ASSOCIATE
The Internal Audit Senior Associate is responsible for assisting the Internal Audit Officer (IAO) to organize and implement the New York Branch's internal audit work, supervise and manage the works of internal audit outsourcing organizations, supervise the remediation of findings situations and guide and mentor the IA Associate.
Provide leadership on all compliance audit activities, ensuring oversight of the end-to-end process. Focusing on Quality Assurance (QA), Risk Assessment, audit issue remediation and communicate with Regulators.
Initiate and lead the delivery of compliance audits, based on the critical assessment of the business and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
Drive the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across the NY Branch's businesses and functions.
Manage the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables.
Play an integral role in annual as well as ongoing audit planning and execution of the audit plan.
• Assist in organizing the risk assessment of New York Branch annually, make sure the audit program conforms to local regulatory requirements and implement the program after being approved by HO.
• Assist in monitoring and managing the internal audit outsourcing projects, track the internal audit outsourcing institutions' working performance, monitor the outsourcing projects' working progress and changing personnel situation, evaluate the quality of internal audit outsourcing projects.
• Assist in monitoring the remediation progress of the Branch's internal and external findings, and urge Branch management to adhere to the remediation plan, and keep track of the work progress.
• Assist IAO in the assessment of planned controls for high risk project activities and recommend appropriate project life cycle controls to ensure end results do not pose undue organizational risks.
• Assist the IAO to manage the continuous monitoring program ensuring is effectively carried out. Understand and keep current with the changes in the business and regulatory environment.
• Assist the IAO in conducting analysis on the Branch's main operating risk assessment and related risk issues, and report to management.
• Maintain dialogue and communication with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business by participating in committee meetings as non-voting member.
• Verify that relevant information obtained from management/stakeholders relating to significant changes in the business environment and the internal control framework are timely included in the IA risk Assessment.
• Promote a culture of continuous learning and development within audit including technical and non-technical skills.
• Promote and facilitate the use of best banking practices, sharing knowledge to improve job quality.
• Verify the audit issues tracking process to ensure identified risks/issues are addressed by Bank's management.
• Reviews and discusses external consultants audit reports for conclusions for each audit conducted, ensuring reports accurately reflect audit findings documented in audit working papers.
• Ensure external consultants risks, conclusions and recommendations are reasonable and well based and all audit reports are prepared in an efficient, timely and concise manner.
• Assist in the development of the annual audit plan and manage the successful completion of the plan; identify audit process improvements to increase effectiveness.
• Verify compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with Bank's established Policies and regulatory standards; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
• Maintains internal control standards including timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations together with any issues raised by US Regulators.
• Assist the IAO in completing all other work related to audit according to the local regulatory authorities or Head Office Audit's requirements.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Audit, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 6+ years of relevant work experience.
• Requires strong understanding of U.S. accounting laws and regulations as it relates to the banking industry.
• Experience with international bank, CPA or CIA preferred.
• Strong organizational, managerial communication and analytical skills.
• Strong understanding of the business, risks and related controls within areas of responsibility.
• Excellent listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Fluent Bilingual Chinese (Mandarin)
• Diligent, high attention to details and pressure-resistant.
Apply by creating/using account