Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The ServiceNow Developer provides support for the 3rd party and open source application stack leveraged by our client's Managed Services to support our service catalog and operations. The core applications involved include ServiceNow ITSM Platform and ScienceLogic EM7 Monitoring Platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Work with technology owners and stakeholders to formalize requirements and business needs.
• Collaborate with peers to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
• Translate requirements into application solutions.
• Develop and execute test plans to ensure service continuity as new solutions are implemented.
• Develop and maintain applications to CLIENT standards and quality.
• Mentor and provide design oversight for non-senior members of the team.
• Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
• Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
• Ensure service continuity for key applications by responding to issues in accordance with defined resolution standards.
• Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
• Five years' experience in application development.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
• Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role.
• Demonstrated understanding of agile methodologies and modern programming techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, including senior leadership.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process.
• Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of, project team members and stakeholders.
• Possess the skills required to produce software, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
• Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and be resourceful in order to participate in the development process.
• Experience with IT Service Management applications including but not limited to ServiceNow. Experience with Domain Separation in ServiceNow highly desirable.
• Experience with monitoring applications including but not limited to ScienceLogic EM7.
• Experience with SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, or PostgreSQL, etc.).
• Experience with Linux command line (bash), VI, etc.
• Experience with version control software (CVS, Subversion, Bazaar, Git).
• Some knowledge of Apache HTTP Server and/or Tomcat.
• Experience with Liferay or similar portal platforms.
Apply by creating/using account