Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Network Engineer configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors and troubleshoots internal network components to provide a robust communications platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Maintains a robust, highly-available, high performance data center network infrastructure involving multiple distributed systems.
• Install, configure, administer, upgrade and maintain complex Cisco network switches, routers, Wireless, VPN, F5 load balancers and ASA firewalls.
• Maximize network performance by monitoring infrastructure; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with 3rd party support resources and fellow IT engineers on network optimization.
• Supports all data services across the enterprise; analyzes bandwidth requirements and may provide proactive cost and capacity planning.
• Leads network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration.
• Act as tier 1 support for all network issues; participate in on-call rotation.
• Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause.
• Drives documentation of Standard Operating Procedure documents.
• Secures network system by enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
• Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff.
• Ensures the most cost-effective and efficient use of network infrastructure. Drives improvements in network process and standardization.
• Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience
• 4 years' experience in a hands on technical role
Other Required Qualifications
• Experienced with:
o Complex IT Infrastructure
o Network setup, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures.
o Configuring and maintain cisco routers, cisco switches, cisco firewalls and cisco wireless access points, LAN/WAN Technologies.
o a variety of routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, and RIP.
o IP Addressing (DHCP, DNS, NAT).
o Layer 2 network concepts including spanning tree, VPC, and VLAN design (example: Cisco Nexus/Catalyst switches).
• Working knowledge of F5 GTM, LTM.
• Must have good troubleshooting skills
• Experienced with Network Analysis Sniffer tools.
• Thorough understanding of network security aspects, common problems and solutions (ACL, firewall filtering, and VPN)
• Experience with change management control tools and policies.
• Experience with Network Monitoring and other network administration tools: WhatsUp Gold, IP Management
• Certification such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or CCDP (Cisco Certified Design Professional, provided by Cisco is preferred.
• Analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Apply by creating/using account