Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Investment Bank
Senior Software Engineer
$125K-$160K base + bonus
This is role is responsible for design & development of the Investment Analytics platform leveraging open source tools & technologies like Cassandra, Titan (GraphDB), Kafka, Elastic Search, NoSQL, REST Services, Node.js, Spring, React/Redux for UI etc.
A ideal candidate must have following
- Strong understanding & experience in programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, Java Script, exposure to various application frameworks like React, Spring etc
- Strong understanding & experience with at least one relational database and exposure to NoSQL databases. Experience working with large data sets.
- Experience working with distributed systems, clustering, and replication technologies.
- Well versed with development toolkits like Maven, GIT, Continues Integration suites, automated deployments, JIRA, Wiki.
· Working with solution architect & business analysts to define implementation design & coding of the assigned modules/responsibilities with highest quality (bug free).
· Determining technical approaches to be used, and defining the appropriate methodologies
· Must be capable of working in a collaborative, multi-site environment to support rapid development and delivery of results and capabilities (i.e. AGILE SDLC)
· Effectively communicating technical analyses, recommendations, status, and results to project management team.
Minimum Required Skills and Education:
· Bachelors (IT/Computer Science Preferred); Master's Degree preferred (IT/Computer Science Preferred) or equivalent experience
· 5-6 years of industry experience in developing business application using Java, Spring, XML, HTML, Java Script, Node.js, React/Redux.
· Experience in developing highly performant REST Services using any Java, Spring, Node.Js.
· Experience with at least one clustered/distributed computing systems, such as Cassandra (Preferred), HBase, Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark/SparkR, Lucene/ElasticSearch, Storm, Graph Databases etc
· Experience building data pipelines for structured/unstructured, realtime/batch, events/synchronous/asynchronous using MQ, Kafka, Steam processing.
· Strong hands-on experience of programming with Java, Python, Scala etc
· Experience with SQL, NoSQL, relational database design, and methods for efficiently retrieving data for Time Series Analytics.
Experience gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
· Excellent technical skills – able to effectively lead a technical team of business intelligence and big data developers as well as data analysts.
· Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science
· Experience with Cloud architecture & service like AWS, Azure
· Experience with Graph, Sematic Web, RDF Technologies
· Experience with Text Analytics using SOLR or ElasticSearch
Apply by creating/using account